NUTTY COMIC

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Spencer

NUTTY COMIC

Post by Spencer »

In the current issue of the Beano, Dennis's dad has a new job which means that Dennis is leaving Beanotown. Obviously the Internet is aghast (well, there are a few concerned posts here and there!) but I am quite excited to see who he may meet there....

Favourite Nutty characters?

Other than the obvious I quite liked Doodlebug and Dick Turban!

Tammyfan

Re: NUTTY COMIC

Post by Tammyfan »

Spencer wrote:In the current issue of the Beano, Dennis's dad has a new job which means that Dennis is leaving Beanotown. Obviously the Internet is aghast (well, there are a few concerned posts here and there!) but I am quite excited to see who he may meet there....

Favourite Nutty characters?

Other than the obvious I quite liked Doodlebug and Dick Turban!
Maybe he will meet Bananaman! Or maybe he will meet Buster or Dandy characters.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Nuttytown is half way between Beanotown and Dandytown. We know this, because between 1983 and 1985, the Nutty characters appeared in the Beano comic libraries, but it was amalgamated with Dandytown in 1985.

Plugtown lay between Beanotown and Beezertown on the other side, which had Toppertown between it and Dandytown. Sparkytown would have been on the inside of Toppertown, because of the characters it took from Magic, the Beano and the Dandy.

One thing's for sure - Nuttytown isn't 20 miles from Beanotown ;)

... back to the topic. I was a bit disappointed that Dennis's dad didn't get the job so the storyline couldn't have stretched into a third week.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The second part wasn't what I expected at all (doesn't mean they didn't do some decent jokes in it though). So that Dennis Don't Go poster, which showed the family driving off, was all just a dream? I actually expected something to go wrong at Dad's new job, prompting them to come back and the other characters to admit they missed him. Instead, Dad never got the job, and for all we know the other kids are still mad at Dennis!

Was the name Plugtown ever actually used? Plug, logically, should have lived in Beanotown, as he was still appearing in the Bash Street Kids throughout his time in Plug and The Beezer. And Antchester United, obviously would live in Antchester.

Tammyfan, I hope you meant Beezer and not Buster there, because Buster isn't from DC Thomson. Egmont owns it.

toxteth o'grady

Post by toxteth o'grady »

Was the name Plugtown ever actually used? Plug, logically, should have lived in Beanotown, as he was still appearing in the Bash Street Kids throughout his time in Plug and The Beezer.
http://www.topper-universe.co.uk/plug/plug_ppp.php

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Banana Crescent

must be in Beezer town...

I was hoping for some Nutty character to appear so shame it didn't happen...