Spurs to finish in the top four.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

User avatar
colcool007
Mr Valeera
Posts: 3821
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Contact:

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by colcool007 »

Phoenix wrote:
colcool007 wrote:we all have our crosses to bear.
You are absolutely right as usual, Colin. Spurs just couldn't deal with the crosses.
That's not fair. I was trying to be kind and you have had me sniggering at my keyboard over that comment. Mind you, it does remind of many a defender who was nicknamed Dracula because of their inability to handle said crosses into their box. And many a goalkeeper has been nicknamed The Cat due to their ability to give their defence kittens!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

steelclaw
DC Skelton
Posts: 1868
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 19:24

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by steelclaw »

Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Spurs 2-1 Chelsea
Manu 1-2 Spurs This saturday

COYS

Who needs the FA cup, 4th place will do.

User avatar
Jonny Whizz
Posts: 1079
Joined: 03 May 2009, 14:17

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Please, Steelclaw, stop telling us Spurs results in advance. They always seem to lose when you say they win and they've quite possibly gifted United an undeserved fourth successive title.

I say 'undeserved' because in my opinion they are not 'great' enough as a team to be worthy of a record of four in a row.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5334
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Phoenix »

Regarding next Saturday's fixture, steelclaw, can I assume that you are prepared to be gracious and agree with me in anticipating a Tottenham Hotspurs 0 Bolton Wanderers 3 result, Jack Wilshere getting a hat trick? :D

steelclaw
DC Skelton
Posts: 1868
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 19:24

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by steelclaw »

Jonny Whizz wrote:Please, Steelclaw, stop telling us Spurs results in advance. They always seem to lose when you say they win and they've quite possibly gifted United an undeserved fourth successive title.

I say 'undeserved' because in my opinion they are not 'great' enough as a team to be worthy of a record of four in a row.
Maybe not this season Jonny but you wait till next season, and Chelsea will win the title so don't worry.
OK then I won't predict saturdays win for Spurs.
But Man city 1- 1 Aston Villa would be a idea result for Spurs.
C onsidering the postiton Spurs were in the beginning of last season many people predicted they would be relegated, I think they've done rather well this season which makes a change.
COYS
Phoenix wrote:Regarding next Saturday's fixture, steelclaw, can I assume that you are prepared to be gracious and agree with me in anticipating a Tottenham Hotspurs 0 Bolton Wanderers 3 result, Jack Wilshere getting a hat trick? :D
Phoenix if that Arsenal reject scores 1 goal I'll :censored: :censored: :censored:

User avatar
Jonny Whizz
Posts: 1079
Joined: 03 May 2009, 14:17

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I wouldn't worry if I was a Chelsea fan but being a Liverpool fan it's different!

I think Spurs have been good this year and much better than we have been. I can't believe we're still in with a chance of Champions League qualification, however slim, because we have been really bad this year. Personally I reckon you have a good chance, especially as you've yet to play City.

I'm not quite sure who I want to win at Anfield at the weekend! Maybe a draw with Sunderland snatching points off United? :xfingers:
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

User avatar
Digifiend
Posts: 7280
Joined: 15 Aug 2007, 11:43
Location: Hull, UK

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Digifiend »

Haha, a Liverpool win would actually help Man United! As long as United win of course... :shock: I can't believe you're saying that you want your team not to win, so that United don't get any help towards the title! Usually, fans want their team to win no matter what. Even if it does help a local rival.

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5334
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Phoenix »

I hope you are going to be a regular visitor to the KC next season, Digi. After a couple of seasons in the sun, now apparently trying desperately to stave off administration, and with few real assets to part with in the almost inevitable fire sale, Hull City will surely be relying on the support of as many local football enthusiasts as they can attract through their turnstiles. Go on, be reasonable and do the decent thing. Take all your mates with you while you're about it.

User avatar
Digifiend
Posts: 7280
Joined: 15 Aug 2007, 11:43
Location: Hull, UK

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Digifiend »

I'm certainly worried about the administration possibility. :(

User avatar
Jonny Whizz
Posts: 1079
Joined: 03 May 2009, 14:17

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I my opinion, Hull deserve to go down - they've been rubbish for most of this season, and were rubbish in the second half of last year as well. Bringing in Dowie was a mistake though, his record in these scenarios isn't good and he came in too late to change anything much.

Their defence is awful and their strikers are very poor. I think they'll probably be forced to sell their few good players (eg. Stephen Hunt) and, more importantly, their high earners, and bring in some players on loans or frees. Mind you they do seem to have a couple of youngsters coming through notably Tom Cairney. I hope they don't go into administration.

Their weak strikeforce is particularly galling given they were turned down by a surfeit of strikers last summer - including Bobby Zamora, who's shone for Fulham this year, plus Michael Owen and Frazier Campbell.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5334
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Phoenix »

Jonny Whizz wrote:I think they'll probably be forced to sell their few good players (eg. Stephen Hunt) and, more importantly, their high earners
.......one of whom is Jimmy Bullard. One wonders whether the club will be all that delighted to read the reports that he plans to see out the remaining three years of his contract with them, given that he apparently earns £45,000 per week!!

steelclaw
DC Skelton
Posts: 1868
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 19:24

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by steelclaw »

I agree with you Jonny getting rid of Phil Brown was a mistake, I'm sure he would have kept them up just again.

And a big well done to Fulham for getting to the Europa Final, it's just not Liverpool's season is it :)

steelclaw
DC Skelton
Posts: 1868
Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 19:24

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix have you mentioned what football team you support that I've missed somewhere, it's not Bolton is it?

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5334
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:Phoenix have you mentioned what football team you support that I've missed somewhere, it's not Bolton is it?
To be fair, steelclaw, I have mentioned my obsession with Bolton Wanderers a number of times, most notably in a reply to Starboy on page 2 of the Man Utd 4 Man City 3 - Roy of the Rovers stuff thread (General Comics Discussion), where I tried to explain that no matter which team you start out supporting, you should still be supporting them as you pass on into the next world. You give the impression that you have always been a Tottenham supporter and always will be. That is exactly as it should be. We are kindred spirits, as Anne of Green Gables used to say.

User avatar
Digifiend
Posts: 7280
Joined: 15 Aug 2007, 11:43
Location: Hull, UK

Re: Spurs to finish in the top four.

Post by Digifiend »

Jonny Whizz wrote:I my opinion, Hull deserve to go down - they've been rubbish for most of this season, and were rubbish in the second half of last year as well. Bringing in Dowie was a mistake though, his record in these scenarios isn't good and he came in too late to change anything much.
Unfortunately, I can't argue with that. It's been a case of when not if for weeks. That's the second season in a row that Dowie has been at a relegated club.

Post Reply