FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Post by steelclaw »

Premier League and Scottish Premier League kick off Sat 14th August.

Championship/League 1 & 2 & Scottish League 1,2,3 teams Kick Off Sat 7th August.

Who's your team and how do you think they will do this season?

Talk everything football.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Post by steelclaw »

I don't think much of Spurs new strip, but I will buy one and maybe I will get used to it.

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

Celtic have a lot of new players, most of whom I've never seen and could be Fortune/Kamara-like duds (maybe not, who knows?), so I'm giving this to Walter Smith in his final season, as, without injuries, they have a proven defence and midfield already
1. Rangers
2. Celtic
I've always liked Jim Jefferies as a manager. Some decent additions, with more potentially, so
3. Hearts
For their attack Hughes makes it over a less sustainable challenge from Houston. I wouldn't be surprised to see Motherwell 4th mind you.
4. Hibs
5. Dundee United
6. Motherwell

I think these three will be close but we really could do it
7. Inverness CT :up:
It'll be a bigger struggle with any surprise factor lost but with squad intact, McInnes at
8. St Johnstone
Hendrie and Hartley may well save McGhee from the sack. Still deeply lacking in defence and attack though.
9. Aberdeen
Killie still have a few very good players but not enough to do much except avoid relegation
10. Kilmarnock
Some very important players gone and not yet replaced. Reid will find it tough without a few good signings.
11. Hamilton
Too many untried Cowden players, so
12. St Mirren
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

If I were you, steelclaw, I'd be getting in touch with Todosobrecamisetas, which is Spanish for Everything about shirts, to find out why they've airbrushed out your sponsor's logo. I am assuming, of course, that you have been able to attract a sponsor. You have, haven't you? You haven't? Well, if the worst comes to the worst, I could be persuaded to recommend something appropriate to Harry. A tripe factory perhaps? :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

steelclaw wrote:I don't think much of Spurs new strip, but I will buy one and maybe I will get used to it.

No sponsor?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Digifiend wrote:No sponsor?
What is the point of your post, Digi? Read mine.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

I'm a Hamilton Accies fan and sadly I think we could go have a dodgey season this time around as we've gotten rid of our best players and not (imho) brought in any better ones. Still our Managers definately a future star & is already being pursured by larger English and Scottish clubs so he could get us back to mid table again if we have a better team that I imagine. I think it will be between Kilmarnock, Hamilton and St-Mirren to finish in the bottom 3 and reckon St Mirren might go down.

As to who will win it I'm very unsure this year, if Lennon is a good manager and doesn't panic (its a fish bowl in Glasgow 24/7 Old firm talk) then Celtic have by far the best team (although untried and they could be spending on players like James that imho don't add anything to the team at 39yrs old) Rangers are in financial trouble and don't have enough players with experience to do it and have lost almost all their best players (Boyd despite not being the greatest player is an amazing goal scorer and made Gers season) so its down to Smith v Lennon as to who will be best manager (unless Celtic just romp it that is). It could be a year that someone splits the old firm - my outside bet is Dundee Utd (for 2nd) and Motherwell (under Craig Brown) to suprise. Hearts and Hibs could struggle to make top 6 not sure whats happening at these club to unpredictable. The Scottish First Division this season is amazing almost all derby matches. A def year to stay up in the SPL as its reconstruction the season after.

1. Celtic (if it all falls into place they could win it by Xmas)
2. Rangers (if Lennon struggles then Rangers could win)
3: Dundee Utd (great potential could split old firm if Gers have bad season)
4: Motherwell (think they will be the suprise team this season)
5. Hearts
6. Hibs
7: St Johnstone (another team with potenital to get in top 4 )
9. Inverness CT (Terry butcher gets this team)
10: Aberdeen (McGhie to get sacked this season if he doens't get his finger out Dons have been awful this last 2/3 yers - could even get relegated)
11: Hamilton (their majestic silky play will steer the darlings of Scottish footbal clear of relegation under the managemnt of the great Mr Reid )
11. Kilmarnock (will bore there way to 11th place)
12. St Mirren (doomed!)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:If I were you, steelclaw, I'd be getting in touch with Todosobrecamisetas, which is Spanish for Everything about shirts, to find out why they've airbrushed out your sponsor's logo. I am assuming, of course, that you have been able to attract a sponsor. You have, haven't you? You haven't? Well, if the worst comes to the worst, I could be persuaded to recommend something appropriate to Harry. A tripe factory perhaps? :D
Spurs don't need a sponsor, if they do it will be something classy like they always do. :)
They're going for the retro look before all that nonsense with sponsors, it's nice to see a shirt with some stupid name on. :D
Also Spurs new ground might be the Olympic Stadium it will be a sell out every week 80,000.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10762917

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Wow is that correct? I saw the olympic stadium on BBC News this am and it looks stunning that would be amazing for you /Spurs fans - are Spurs that big a team (excuse the ignorance) to get crowds of 80k every week - exciting times.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

STARBOY wrote:Wow is that correct? I saw the olympic stadium on BBC News this am and it looks stunning that would be amazing for you /Spurs fans - are Spurs that big a team (excuse the ignorance) to get crowds of 80k every week - exciting times.
Spurs are fairly big they have a bigger fanbase then Chelsea they always sell out of season tickets every year,the capacity of White Hart Lane is only 36,000, I think they would be hard pushed to get 80,000 every match they play there, but at least it would be easier to get a ticket if you wanted to go.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:Also Spurs new ground might be the Olympic Stadium it will be a sell out every week 80,000.
Are you sure, steelclaw? My sources tell me that West Ham are likely to be the team to move in at the Olympic Stadium. Apparently formal discussions are already underway.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

And if either team gets it, capacity will likely shrink to 60,000.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Phoenix wrote:
steelclaw wrote:Also Spurs new ground might be the Olympic Stadium it will be a sell out every week 80,000.
Are you sure, steelclaw? My sources tell me that West Ham are likely to be the team to move in at the Olympic Stadium. Apparently formal discussions are already underway.
Phoenix no I'm not sure I'm taking that report with a pinch of salt, you always have to be optimistic being a Spurs fan.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Startboy do you have a replica shirt.
I like this 60's version.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/hamilton-shirt.html

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Steele: I don't have a 60s Accies strip I'm afraid but I really like it. I've got this season strip (well it came out last season and a few others for past decades lying about ,all to small for me now sadly - they must have shrunk in the wash lol). I always prefered the basic hoops (their traditional strip), in the 80s they went through a period of wearing stripes and for 2 season in the late 80s really awful chevrons. I think the 60s strips are really cool with the basic collar and no advertising.