FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Post by Digifiend »

I actually feel sorry for Blackpool, who thought Fulham suffering a red card on the last day might allow them to overtake them and claim the Euro spot. Only 0.01 in it.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Blackpool would probably get knocked out in the earliest round though, so their adventure wouldn't be likely to last very long and their squad isn't likely to be equipped for those extra matches. Fulham, on the other hand, have plenty of experience of European football - the team hasn't changed much since they played in the Europa League final last year, Mark Hughes previously managed Blackburn and Man City in European games, and Steve Sidwell played for Chelsea and Villa when both were in Europe. I think they can do well, but I don't expect them to reach the final again.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Interesting-that `Fair Play` League! I would have bet Steelclaws life Stoke would be bottom! :)

Anyone recall Ted Bates Southampton side season 70-71? They kicked everything above grass level except the ball! Saints Brian O' Neill made Vinny Jones seem like a wimp in contrast.
A Face unclouded by thought.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

alanultron5 wrote:Interesting-that `Fair Play` League! I would have bet Steelclaws life Stoke would be bottom! :)

Anyone recall Ted Bates Southampton side season 70-71? They kicked everything above grass level except the ball! Saints Brian O' Neill made Vinny Jones seem like a wimp in contrast.
Alan I thought the Leeds side from the early 70's were the worst.

I love this picture.

Dave Mackay Billy Bremner from the 60s

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Come on Barcelona beat the foreign Man Utd.

Foreign Owners
Foreign Manager
Only 2 English players in the team playing.

Barcelona have more links to England with the cross of St George on the emblem.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

2-1 to Barca so far. Half an hour to go.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Yesssssssssss well done Barsa thrashed utd. :up:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:( Just like two years ago...

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Probably to do with all the Ryan Giggs publicity he was rubish.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Barca were immense last night well done totally deserved the win - hard luck Utd they did well to get there an achievement in its own right really - wish my team, heck any team from Scotland could get anywhere near the final stages (they days are long gone now) - still good its that Utds "foreign" manager is a Scot :) oh your right STEEL the cross is the cross of St George Catelonia has the same patron saint as England ( Scotland share St Andrew with Brasil among others - pity the similarity ends there )

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Patrick Stewart is at Old Trafford watching the League 1 play off final - he is a lifelong Huddersfield Town fan.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

To the people who think England were bad losers when they lost out for the world cup finals.
Now you know why.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30052011/ ... ended.html

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Swansea have just won promotion to the Premier League but why have they adopted Delilah as their anthem? Have I missed something? Tom Jones is Welsh I suppose - is that it? And why not "What's New Pussycat"? I can just see Swans fans singing that on the terraces. As a Millwall fan perhaps we should adopt local boy (and Millwall fan) Tommy Steele's "Oh What a marf what a north and sarf, blimey wot a marf he'd got"
Alan is a Wolves fan as is Robert Plant so choose a Led Zep back catalogue song of your choice.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

As you might expert even as I write a Talksport presenter is suggesting that the FA pull out of FIFA. (Pronounced Theifa?)

Further: Some callers are saying that if a Welsh club (Swansea) can play in the English Premier League why can't Scots clubs like Ranges and Celtic?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Alan is a Wolves fan as is Robert Plant so choose a Led Zep back catalogue song of your choice.
As Wolves have been a bit like a pussy cat this season, rolling over quite frequently, it might be better to make the choice of Robert Plant's song from Raising Sand, the rather more gentle album he recorded in 2007 with Alison Krauss. Titles that might be appropriate include Killing The Blues (for matches against Everton for example, or Birmingham City in the Championship the season after next), Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson, Nothin', Your Long Journey and Gone, Gone, Gone. Or perhaps Rich Woman, as a plea to Karren Brady to dump West Ham, or Delia Smith to transplant herself from Norwich City, and buy Wolves some more consistently-productive players. :D