FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: FOOTBALL SEASON 2010/11

Post by stevezodiac »

A couple of years back I bought about 50 Liverpool programmes at the flea market - among them was this one signed by almost the whole team from 1971 including Emlyn Hughes, Steve Heighway and Kevin Keegan in one of his first matches for Liverpool.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

To celebrate Chelsea´s annual exit from the Champions League I thought I´d come up with a new song dedicated to their latest signing.

We used to think he was a red, Torres, Torres
We´d rather have Suarez instead, Torres, Torres
We bought the lad from sunny Spain
But now he´ll never score again
Fernando Torres, what a waste of cash :P
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Looks like my lot (Wolves) have little chance now! Even worse is the Albion now look safe!
A Face unclouded by thought.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

lol Jonny. Did Torres really think moving would give him a better chance of winning trophies? :wink:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Hoping for Millwall to win tomorrow and Leeds to lose so we can go into a play-off place.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Bloody :censored: ! The blue half of Manchester are celebrating tonight!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Arsenal get jammy penalty in 98th minute to go 1-0 up, Liverpool then get a penalty on 102 mins to make it 1-1. Cue misery guts Wenger to start arguing with Dalglish.

So much for Bolton playing for the memory of Nat Lofthouse by getting hammered 5-0 by Stoke.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:So much for Bolton playing for the memory of Nat Lofthouse by getting hammered 5-0 by Stoke.
That's all it was, the memory. Nat Lofthouse used to score goals by the sackload, and I saw plenty of them. Full credit to Stoke, though, it could have been 8 or 9. I think it's back to the drawing board for Owen and the backroom staff at the end of the season, and a clearout of dead wood, of which there is plenty. I don't know whether you noticed, Steve, given that you were probably watching the Liverpool v Arsenal game, but Bolton turned up in smart new blazers and slacks as if it was the Cup Final. Stoke, on the other hand, came in tracksuits as if they had a match to win first.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I don't have Sky but do have ESPN but I would never watch Arsenal on any channel as I detest them and their miserable sourpuss manager. Glad they are in the doldrums. They will be remembered as an English side who once put out a team completely made up of foreign players. Wenger's way of sabotaging the England team and helping France. How an Arsenal fan can cheer on a team that has nothing to do with England let alone North London is beyond me. Its one of the reasons I don't watch Premier League football any more. I prefer to remember the days of Lorimer, Cooper, Giles, Charlton, Hurst, Moore, Hollins, Hinton, Harris, Peters, Banks etc.

No doubt many will disagree.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Oh dear another "Shocker" (Stan Collymore) by Gomez to give Chelsea an equaliser.

(Don't think I'll mention Millwall's season being over thanks to a no-show against Swansea).

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Gomez is going from bad to worse that's hope Spurs get a new goalie next season, Spurs will finish 6th after Liverpool now :roll:

And my fantasy football team is well and truly cack.

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

steelclaw wrote:Gomez is going from bad to worse that's hope Spurs get a new goalie next season, Spurs will finish 6th after Liverpool now :roll:

Unfortunately I agree about 6th. Tend to blame the ref for the Chelsea result and not Gomez. Wasn't Gomez man of the match over the two last 16 legs against Milan?

Expect to see Man U. experience keeper woes following van der Saar's departure. Should even things up a bit.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

dreamticket wrote:
steelclaw wrote:Gomez is going from bad to worse that's hope Spurs get a new goalie next season, Spurs will finish 6th after Liverpool now :roll:

Unfortunately I agree about 6th. Tend to blame the ref for the Chelsea result and not Gomez. Wasn't Gomez man of the match over the two last 16 legs against Milan?

Expect to see Man U. experience keeper woes following van der Saar's departure. Should even things up a bit.
He might have been man of the match against Milan, but it doesn't stop him making plenty of blunders this season, I still think his a good keeper though.
Blackpool have just scored :roll:
Oh well 1-1 a below average season on last year, I''m sure Spurs will get better if they can hang on to their players.
Harry doesn't want to be in he Europa league next season.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Wolves are currently 3-0 ahead in the Black Country derby against West Brom. This will take them out of the relegation zone. I'm looking forward to West Ham coming to the Den next season. I think visiting fans will be banned for our two matches with them for obvious reasons.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

So QPR didn't get a points deduction. I bet they only let them off so that the play offs wouldn't be screwed up. :evil: