Fantasy Football anyone?

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

Fantasy Football anyone?

Post by Al »

Hello everyone,

As a lot of us on this forum are football fans, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a league in the online Premier League Fantasy Football.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Many of you may already be playing it this season. But for those who aren't it's free to enter, there are no cash prizes and I believe you can win some match tickets from time to time. It's purely for fun, and a good chance to see which of us really do know about football.

As a Leeds United fan, I'm just one year away from being able to select players from my real-life team for my Fantasy team.

I can't seem to find an online Scottish version of Fantasy football, but if you know of one, maybe we can get two of them up and running.

If you are interested, you will need to pick your teams before the opening match of the season (14th August). We will also need a name to call our league. It could be comic-related or something completely random.

I've already got my team, Melchester Rovers, and I hope to break into the top 500,000 this season :D

Let me know ASAP

Cheers,

Al

Digifiend

Re: Fantasy Football anyone?

Post by Digifiend »

Named your team after Roy of the Rovers I see. :)

There doesn't seem to be any Scottish fantasy football leagues. Searching for fantasy football scotland, the top link in Google is for one from 2004.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

So are we going to have Glasgow Royals and Princes Park then? Not to mention We Are United! I am sure that a host of other comic football teams will come out of the woodwork for this league. I think I may put in my favourite comic team, Forfar Athletic! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

I have created a new league for us. It has been creativly named Comics UK League.

To join, you will need to use this code number 278992-129269.

So once you have registered your team, click on the League hyperlink and enter the above code.

Apologies for not supplying more details, but I'm writing this via my phone and I am unable to toggle between screens.

Hope to see some of you on there.

Al

bubbadog

Post by bubbadog »

The Evil Pixies have duly joined, looks like it's just us so far.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

The 'Fieryman at Number 6' has just joined. :)

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

For anyone that's interested in joining the Comics UK fantasy football league on the official website (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/), but don't know where to start, I have written a guide that may be of some help.

1: Sign up by clicking this link http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/register.mc.
2: Complete the form. The new Username will not be your team name.
3: When completed, press the Continue button.
4: Complete the next form.
5: When completed, press the Complete Registration button.
6: Press the Agree link
7: Type in your Team Name and design your kit. The kit design can be done at a later date >> Press the Select team button.
8: Select your players - this is the 'skillful' part :D
9: When you're satisfied with your players, press the Confirm Team button (I think it's called that).
10: The final part is to join the Comics UK League.
11: On the left-hand side of the screen is the Leagues link
12: On the next page is a heading of Join a private league. Within this section is a text box that is awaiting a code number.
13: The code number to enter is 278992-129269.
14: Press the Join private league button.

Your team will become a member of the Comics UK League.

There's even a Forum there as well.

Hope to see some more of you there.

Al

Serai

Post by Serai »

Is this in any way kind of similar like Online Soccer Manager?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Nope. It's more like the competitions run by newspapers, such as The Sun's Dream Team - except this one is officially endorsed by the League itself. Online Soccer Manager has more in common with computer games such as Championship Manager.

ogtec

Post by ogtec »

I'm also on board, with my now-traditional team name (albeit not UK Comics related). As it stands I hope to break in to the Big 4 this season...

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Only 3 of of us so far "come on Digi join up bet I beat you" :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Is that a challenge, Paul? Beanotown United accepts! :D

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Digifiend wrote:Is that a challenge, Paul? Beanotown United accepts! :D
Yes James it is. :D

5 Teams now.

Just waiting for Phoenix to join to show us all how to pick a winning team :D But if it's anything like the team he supports............ :P

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Princes Park has now joined as well, so that gets us up to six. Another few to get us to the same size as the SPL!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

steelclaw wrote:Just waiting for Phoenix to join to show us all how to pick a winning team :D But if it's anything like the team he supports...
Unfortunately I'm going to have to disappoint you, steelclaw. I simply don't have the time. Once I've posted my reply to Raven about schoolboy detectives, I'm basically out of here until I've finished my book and got it published, which probably means early 2011.