HUMAN TARGET

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

HUMAN TARGET

Post by stevezodiac »

Saw the first episode of a great new series on Thursday on Fiver channel. I remember the comic of the same name but didn't realise this show was based on it until the closing credits when the DC comics logo came up. Very much like the Equaliser but a bit more action packed and with lots of sardonic humour. The first episode found our hero protecting a beautiful high speed train designer. In a Thundrbirds like plot they were trapped on the train hurtling at high speed (with failed brakes) towards imminent destruction. I'm hooked. Great supporting characters too.

grumpy old man

Re: HUMAN TARGET

Post by grumpy old man »

Wasn't the Human Target the back up feature in Detective Comics?

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I missed it, I will try and catch the next one.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Won't it be on Demand Five, their version of iPlayer?

As for him being the back-up in Detective Comics, yes he was, but that's not where he originally came from.
Chance's early appearances came in back-up stories in Action Comics, a title better known for featuring Superman tales published by DC Comics. Later, the feature appeared in Batman titles such as The Brave and the Bold and Detective Comics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Target

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

The original 70's strip appeared inthe back of Detective (I think) comics - not read the new DC Comics version but think like the "Losers" etc its slightly different

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

I was never a fan of Christopher Chance in the 70s/80s, although I've heard good things about the TV series. The other one very much in that line from DC was Nemesis. Never a big fan of him either.

Guess I like my super-heroes super, as opposed to the jazzed-up spy.
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I enjoyed the first episode a lot and didn't connect it to the comics version (Having never read it, although I did find that first issue - scanned above - among my collection at the weekend) so the series is enjoyable just as an action series and should not be prejudiced by preconceptions. Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode (although Fiver do repeat it on Friday and Sunday).

brisey

Post by brisey »

This was on Syfy earlier in the year and it gets better as the series progresses.

Obviously they could not keep with the same premise as the comic,as a perfect disguise is possible on the printed page whereas it would be obvious on telly.