Doctor Who 2011

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tony ingram

Re: Doctor Who 2011

Post by tony ingram »

Digifiend wrote:Yeah, don't trust the overnight figures, they don't include BBC3 repeats and iPlayer usage, which I think the final figures do.
Acually, while the final figures take in timeshifted figures due to things like Sky+ and the BBC3 repeats, they don't count iplayer-which is bizarre, as the iplayer figures are the only ones which are 100% accurate rather than estimated by BARB. Doctor Who is pretty much consistently the most watched programme on iplayer.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

I'm truly not one of those who complain "I Didn't Understand It" just to be awkward and have a `dig` at the programme! I really wish I was quicker-so please-and I ask this earnestly, Is that storyline where the `crack in the wall` ran through last season finished? I don't know if the Tardis is supposed to blow up again or what that strange voice was, so if anyone can help please! Cheers!
A Face unclouded by thought.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

alanultron5 wrote:I'm truly not one of those who complain "I Didn't Understand It" just to be awkward and have a `dig` at the programme! I really wish I was quicker-so please-and I ask this earnestly, Is that storyline where the `crack in the wall` ran through last season finished? I don't know if the Tardis is supposed to blow up again or what that strange voice was, so if anyone can help please! Cheers!
Alan,
the "crack in the wall" storyline has finished. It was all timey-wimey anyway as it was to do with the crack in time/space with the Doctor being stuck in the Pandorica. But no doubt, there will be odd mentions of it in future series. Just as the one running through this series is the woman with the eye-patch opening windows into random times that only Amy sees.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Thank you Col! I Will have to catch the repeat of those episodes again to try and catch on more! I really puzzled about that strange voice in the Tardis and thought it might be a creature of sorts.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

alanultron5 wrote:Thank you Col! I Will have to catch the repeat of those episodes again to try and catch on more! I really puzzled about that strange voice in the Tardis and thought it might be a creature of sorts.
While the cracks storyline was concluded, we still don't know who the voice saying 'Silence will fall' was or what caused the TARDIS to explode in the first place. That is the aspect of the story which is presumably carrying over to this year. Moffat hinted at the time that it was a two year story arc.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Ah! thank you Tony! I had puzzled over that bit! Obviously now I can see it refers to the `Silence` Aliens - but the voice itself I wasn't sure! Was `it` responsible for the Tardis exploding?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:shock: What a twist at the end of today's episode! Did anyone see that coming?

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

alanultron5 wrote:Ah! thank you Tony! I had puzzled over that bit! Obviously now I can see it refers to the `Silence` Aliens - but the voice itself I wasn't sure! Was `it` responsible for the Tardis exploding?
We don't know yet. Why not just watch it?

Tonight's episode was very dark for teatime TV. Personally I enjoyed it but I can understand how people would want lighter material.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I watched it twice tonight such a lot to take in...

Spoiler

The Doctor killing Amy the clone was very dark and Amy being pregnent about to give birth to a monster..very adult sci-fi..

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Peter Gray wrote:I watched it twice tonight such a lot to take in...

Spoiler

The Doctor killing Amy the clone was very dark and Amy being pregnent about to give birth to a monster..very adult sci-fi..
Not killed, just broken the transmission as DW Confidential told us. Which seemed to be contrary to the whole "ganger rights" storyline but we'll see how it's explained next week.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Lew Stringer wrote:
Peter Gray wrote:I watched it twice tonight such a lot to take in...

Spoiler

Not killed, just broken the transmission as DW Confidential told us. Which seemed to be contrary to the whole "ganger rights" storyline but we'll see how it's explained next week.
Not really. The Gangers at the factory had developed independent thought once the link with their operators was broken by the storm, just as presumably the failed flesh creatures had become independent once discarded, but Amy's Ganger was a more developed version (the Doctor refers to the flesh in the factory as an early version of the technology) and was still being 'piloted' by Amy, albeit an Amy who didn't know she was doing it until the Doctor broke the connection by destroying the Ganger and making her aware of her true surroundings. I doubt if the Amy Ganger was itself sentient at any point so the Doctor wasn't really behaving in a contradictory manner.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

What on Earth is Lewis Stringer `picking` on me again for? Please leave it Lewis and let me enjoy some very interesting posts via other members on the thread!

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

alanultron5 wrote:What on Earth is Lewis Stringer `picking` on me again for? Please leave it Lewis and let me enjoy some very interesting posts via other members on the thread!
What on Earth are you talking about?

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

I don't think he was but there is the option of ignoring people by adding them to your foes list in the control panel. Makes the reading so much more pleasant at times.
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

chrissmillie wrote:I don't think he was but there is the option of ignoring people by adding them to your foes list in the control panel. Makes the reading so much more pleasant at times.
But then he wouldn't be able to entertain himself by playing the victim would he? :roll: