Doctor Who 2011

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

tony ingram

Re: Doctor Who 2011

Post by tony ingram »

I seem to be in a minority on here, but I thought this entire series was incredibly good, probably the most consistent in terms of quality since season 14 (and that's despite my having loved several seasons in between, including 16, 18, 26 and last year). I also thought they did a great job of wrapping up the Silence storyline, the 'death' of the Doctor and the mystery of River Song in just 45 minutes and making it all make sense! (though admittedly, the chronology of River Song on Doctor Who Confidential was also helpful in clarifying a couple of points). Very impressed. I hope Moffat stays around for awhile, I can't think of anyone else capable of maintaining this standard.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Good job Confidential did that, because they won't have another chance... it's been cancelled.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Sadly for me- I found the latter half of this season quite beyond me! I admit it - I just can't figure it out! Its great that Tony and others have enjoyed it and i'm sure viewing figures are good!

I have decided -sadly-not in anger -that I won't bother watching any future eps (If they do go ahead) and hope that some time in the future the show might change to something that my poor old noggin can get around!
A Face unclouded by thought.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

If they do go ahead? Doctor Who hasn't been cancelled, just Doctor Who Confidential.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Ah! I see-thank's for the correction Digi! Must admit that I didn't often see why the `confidential` was 45 mins long. I think about 20 mins would cover it!

It will be interesting to see the viewing figures for the last three eps! The October DWM Mag will show them!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Compared to the absurdly convoluted storyline about the Doctor's impending 'death' I have to say that the knowledge of Elisabeth Sladen's very real death made tonight's opening episode of the final Sarah Jane series an infinitely more moving experience for me. :(

- Phil Rushton

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:headbash: D'oh! I forgot it was on!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

-MikeD- wrote:...Yes, that was a great ending. I almost shed a tear when he tried to phone the Brigadier...great scene, great writing.

Some of the episodes this year were a little dissapointing, but that's been the same for the last 32 series..
I have to agree with you Mike that the scene about the Doctor trying to phone him was brilliantly played. Enough pathos for the committed fans (or is that fans that should be committed?) but lightly enough that the occasional watcher knew that this was a scene that paid a nodding respect to the back-history of DW.

I also liked the way that nothing relied on psychic powers to guess what was coming. Everything had a clue to point the way, but the trick lay in figuring it all out. Next season should be fairly action-packed. Woo-hoo!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

I dont watch Doctor Who. Looks boring.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

You can't say you don't like it if you've never tried watching it. Anyway, if you don't like it, don't post in this thread. It's not rocket science!

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Hear hear! I just watched the DVD of "The Deadly Asassin" Last night! I hadn't (Honest) seen it since 1976! Thoroughly enjoyed it! I am very much enjoying the early Tom Baker era via DVD's . Back then I missed many of his from seasons 12, 13 & 14. It is quite a revelation for me-finding out just how good that era was!

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Just saying, it runs in the family i think. Mummy and daddy dont like it either.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

yanobandy wrote:Just saying, it runs in the family i think. Mummy and daddy dont like it either.
I don't like tomatoes, but I wouldn't waste my time deliberately seeking out a discussion on tomatoes in order to randomly express my dislike of them to a group of tomato lovers. I simply avoid the fruit in question.

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

yanobandy wrote:Just saying, it runs in the family i think. Mummy and daddy dont like it either.
In the interests of fairness, shouldn't yanobandy be taking a week long bath like comicsgalore? After all, they are THE SAME PERSON!

Just saying.
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

WizzKid97

Post by WizzKid97 »

yanobandy wrote:I dont watch Doctor Who. Looks boring.
This is always the way, people never give it a chance! Kids in my school always say Doctor Who is weird and nerdy, thing is the reason they don't like it is because their brain capacity is so small that they can't withhold enough information to get the programme.

No offence to anyone on here, it's just I get annoyed at people who say things like that (not saying yanobandy did mean to suggest that but just saying I don't like it.)

Also, I've given up watching Sarah Jane Adventures for now, I tried to watch it again but I couldn't, it just seemed too sad watching the final series of it and seeing Elisabeth Sladen alive and well possibly months before the tragic news. :(
Please check out the following links!
http://wizzkid97.wordpress.com/ - My blog
http://wizzkid97.deviantart.com/ My DA Page