IE 9

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dreamticket

IE 9

Post by dreamticket »

Internet explorer 9. Is there such a thing and is anyone using it yet?

IE 8 was as fast as I want things to be. Are they going to keep tinkering away until they eventually reach IE nth ?

Digifiend

Re: IE 9

Post by Digifiend »

Yep, IE9 is out - and 10 is in development!
IE9 download page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/inte ... ts/ie/home
Warning - IE9 is incompatible with Windows XP.
Looking for Internet Explorer 9?
To install Internet Explorer 9, you need to upgrade to a more recent version of Windows.
IE10 test drive: http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/

Since I have XP, I no longer use IE. I switched to Chrome a while ago.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

We've got a new laptop with Windows7 and I downloaded IE9. Not sure why as I prefer Firefox 4, which is behaving impeccably, is fast and it's very secure (touch wood for all).
However, on the old pc upstairs, which has XP, I'm finding trouble with using Firefox 4 and have now gone back to a previous version. Obviously I can't use IE9 as it's not available for XP. I'm sure Microsoft hope that'll make everyone upgrade to Windows 7.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That's exactly it. The IE9 page I linked to does have a link to find out more about Windows 7. Tough luck Microsoft though, as I think they'll find the days of them having a monopoly on Internet browsing ended years ago, and anyone still on XP will simply use Chrome or Firefox.

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

What's happened to the Work Off-Line option? It seems to have disappeared in IE9 (or have they hidden it somewhere else)?