Rugby world cup.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

STARBOY

Re: Rugby world cup.

Post by STARBOY »

Well got my predictions correct this time around re the quarter final scores - good lcuk to Wales in the semis.

matrix

Post by matrix »

STARBOY wrote:Well got my predictions correct this time around re the quarter final scores - good lcuk to Wales in the semis.
Well done with selections,whats your prediction for the semi results and overall winner?

Lets hope Wales go on with it.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Sadly New Zealand to win v Wales in the final (nothing against NZ I like the Kiwis but would like to see Wales do it imagine the scenes in Wales)

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Well, then Ireland could fairly claim to be the third best team in the World Cup, since they would only have been beaten by the runners up!

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

And why not Ireland did brilliant

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Wales wus robbed - unlucky but you did great

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I heard about the Spear Tackle, and right enough - look what happened to Brian O'Driscoll in the British Lions when he was spear tackled. It's a serious business.

matrix

Post by matrix »

The best team lost , unfortunately one player got carried away with the moment made a dangerous tackle and had to go.

It was good to watch Wales trying their hardest , with half of N Z singing Delilah trying to get them across the line.

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

Wales were fantastic. France never looked like scoring a try in the second half. I have to say I don't think this format has been successful if the objective is to find the best team in the world. There would need to be more match-ups between the big three southern hemisphere teams and the best of the home teams for that to happen. This feels more like the objective was to get a final between a Northern hemisphere team and a Southern one. If England had progressed to the final, for example, they would have only played one of the big three -- and that would have been in the final itself.

Good luck to Wales on Saturday, and let's hope they can get third.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Are we all agreed that France will lose badly?

Ireland's defeat of Australia ruined the seeding, which intended that Australia would have won the group and faced Wales, Ireland playing South Africa. It was never intended that it should be the best of the Six Nations against the best of the tri-nations plus Argentina.

Truthfully, the spear tackle ruined the championship. At full strength, Wales would have walked all over France; I reckon they wouldn't have won the final, but it would have been a fairer result.

matrix

Post by matrix »

Lets hope that France do not lose badly ,nothing worse than the game being over at half time then it becomes a practice match for the winning side.

I think it could be quite a close game , i would not write the French off. I know going by the semis the way the All Blacks beat the Aussies it should already be over , but you have to give some credit to the French , holding off a very determined Welsh side.

Lets hope Wales can get up and beat Australia tonight,then the All Blacks beat the French.

May the best team win!

dreamticket

Post by dreamticket »

AndyB wrote:Are we all agreed that France will lose badly?

Ireland's defeat of Australia ruined the seeding, which intended that Australia would have won the group and faced Wales, Ireland playing South Africa. It was never intended that it should be the best of the Six Nations against the best of the tri-nations plus Argentina.

Truthfully, the spear tackle ruined the championship. At full strength, Wales would have walked all over France; I reckon they wouldn't have won the final, but it would have been a fairer result.
Typically, France put in their best performance of the tournament and could have won it -- they looked more likely to score a second try than NZ. I also liked the way they faced down the Haka. A suitably theatrical moment.

I would also like to see the winning penalty from a camera behind the posts, as the only view we got was not entirely convincing.