Question about ripping cds

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Question about ripping cds

Post by stevezodiac »

I have several mp3 players but the one I use most is my Philips Go Gear. However there have been a couple of problems which I dinna ken. There are a few albums which, when I have ripped them and copied to the Go Gear, every song appears twice! Although when i plug it into my pc and look at the track list they only appear once and the capacity is the same as a single album. I have checked the settings on the player and seen "repeat" mode and have switched that off even though it never affected any other albums. This has happened with Weld - the Neil Young double live cd but it only affected one of the discs!

Secondly four of my Doors albums would not play properly when I put them into my laptop - the sound was broken up and scratchy - the other day the same thing happened with Forever Changes by Love - it occurred to me both bands/cds are on the Elektra label so could they have some inbuilt copy protection? And can I switch it off?

The problem with my player is that the instruction booklet is built into it and has to be read on your computer which is a nuisance.

Any techo whizz-kid out there have a solution?

No I didn't go to the comic fair - I get fed up with the crowds - and all those blokes with back packs getting in your way which make me fume. Use a carrier bag like me.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Question about ripping cds

Post by colcool007 »

Bone question Steve, but have you already had a look for this error online? And if so, what terms did you use for the search? As I know that changing what you look for in Google can seriously alter your results.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Re: Question about ripping cds

Post by stevezodiac »

No its not so bothersome that I have searched online. Just wondered if someone here had a quick fix.