Weather woes

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Weather woes

Post by Digifiend »

So it's very windy outside, torrential rain, in fact it's even worse in Scotland where there's a red weather warning in force. Anybody been caught out by this? I'm staying home today, glad I don't have to go anywhere (unlike on Thursday, when I have a dentist appointment, it better not be like this then!)

paw broon

Re: Weather woes

Post by paw broon »

It has quietened down a bit here since about noon. But from 5am to 10am it was as loud as I've ever heard the wind. In Falkirk town centre, a street is cordonned off as bits of a building came down and there are tiles, guttering, bits of trees and rubbish everywhere. My sister-in-law in Edinburgh has lost a chimney, tiles, flashing from the roof and glass from her greenhouse. Radio Scotland reported this morning that the Kingston Bridge was completely closed- the first time that has happened and many roads are closed or blocked. Fortunately, it's a holiday here so not as many folk had to be out and about. A nice start to the year.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I saw on Newsround that Glasgow's Christmas tree was felled. And down south, it seems a tree crashed into a bus seriously injuring the driver.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Seen loads of discarded umbrellas - how is it there are still people unaware that gales and brollies do not go together? At least it clears the air in London.