Casey Kasem RIP

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tony ingram

Casey Kasem RIP

Post by tony ingram »

American voice actor Casey Kasem, who played Robin the Boy Wonder in the classic Batman and Super Friends/Super Powers cartoons of the 1970s and 1980s, Mark in Battle of the Planets, and the original Norville "Shaggy" Rogers in Scooby Doo, died today aged 82. Rest in peace, Casey. You enriched a lot of people's childhoods.

Billythecat

Re: Casey Kasem RIP

Post by Billythecat »

tony ingram wrote:American voice actor Casey Kasem, who played Robin the Boy Wonder in the classic Batman and Super Friends/Super Powers cartoons of the 1970s and 1980s, Mark in Battle of the Planets, and the original Norville "Shaggy" Rogers in Scooby Doo, died today aged 82. Rest in peace, Casey. You enriched a lot of people's childhoods.

Seconded. RIP.

BeanoMaster

Post by BeanoMaster »

I grew up with his voice this is very very sad. The current voice of Shaggy is Matthew Lilliard.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Also voiced the likes of 7Ark7 from Battle Of The Planets and Alexander from Josie and The Pussycats.

Used to watch his Tv version of America's Top 10 on ITV late on Friday nights. He was very knowledgeable and presented well.

His US radio show style influenced many top 40 countdowns across the world, including the UK.

A sad loss.

blaing

Post by blaing »

He not only did Shaggy and Alexander (Josie and the Pussycasts/Pussycats in Outer Space), and the other voices mentioned here, he also voiced Peter Cottontail in the Rankin-Bass holiday special "Here Comes Peter Cottontail".

I was not a regular listener of American Top 40 (which aired on Sydney radio station 2UW, which is now KISS 106.5) on Saturday nights, but I did hear his show on occasions.

He will be certainly missed.

in Scooby-Speak...

Roh rong Raggy. :(