Speedway Illustrations

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Speedway Illustrations

Post by Phoenix »

This post is really just for matrix.

Currently being advertised on eBay is TIP TOP BOOK (1971), a vintage children's annual. It has a very nice speedway illustration on its front cover. It is being offered as a Buy-It-Now at £4.99 plus £2.95 p&p. Well worth a look if you haven't got it already, matrix.

matrix

Re: Speedway Illustrations

Post by matrix »

Thanks Derek for the heads up on that annual. I believe you mean 1951? Which I did purchase a while back for as you mentioned "It has a very nice speedway illustration on it's front cover".
I did say to myself that I would not include annuals in the collection but could not resist that one and four or five more! Two of which are early Champion 1928 and 1936 very heavy with both having over two hundred pages. That was when annuals were real annuals!

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Speedway Illustrations

Post by Phoenix »

matrix wrote:Thanks Derek for the heads up on that annual. I believe you mean 1951?
Yes, matrix, I did mean 1951. Sorry! Hopefully this does not mean that dementia is knocking on the door. :lol: