Jamie Oliver

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

Jamie Oliver

Post by Hawkeye »

My wife was just telling me..................2 of her sisters friends had a meal at a Jamie Oliver restaurant recently, very nice and everything, then when the waitress came over at the end of the meal she asked them if they would like to meet Jamie, as he was in the kitchen. They said yes, met him, he was very nice, then when their bill arrived it had on an extra £50 'for meeting Jamie'.
Would you have paid it, or wrecked the place? I know what I would have done.

Adam Eterno

Re: Jamie Oliver

Post by Adam Eterno »

Hawkeye wrote:My wife was just telling me..................2 of her sisters friends had a meal at a Jamie Oliver restaurant recently, very nice and everything, then when the waitress came over at the end of the meal she asked them if they would like to meet Jamie, as he was in the kitchen. They said yes, met him, he was very nice, then when their bill arrived it had on an extra £50 'for meeting Jamie'.
Would you have paid it, or wrecked the place? I know what I would have done.
That is such a cheek! No chance of me paying that. I would probably have taken the service charge off as well!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

They actually paid the £50 apparently, they must have been greatly impressed with Jamies chat.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I would have sent an invoice to the restaurant charging Jamie Oliver £51 for talking to me.