Our Colin (aka colcool007)

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

blaing

Re: Our Colin (aka colcool007)

Post by blaing »

Wow.

My deepest condolences to colin's family at this very sad time.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Colin was very close to a complete set of unique Commando stories. I’m not quite sure whether he got there, but it was very close - of course, he aspired to a complete set of Commando issues, including reprints.

Another of the kind people in comics gone.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

AndyB wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 13:17
Colin was very close to a complete set of unique Commando stories. I’m not quite sure whether he got there, but it was very close - of course, he aspired to a complete set of Commando issues, including reprints.

Another of the kind people in comics gone.
Colin had actually completed his Commando collection, I believe. He finally obtained a copy of the last one he said he'd been missing quite recently.

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

I only heard yesterday morning how ill he was - and reading here now that he passed away later in the day. So incredibly sad and my deepest sympathies to his family.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Colin Noble’s funeral will be on Friday 9th April at 1.30. It will be available to attend virtually for anybody that wishes to. Message me if you’d like to attend and I’ll send you the login details.

Doug

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Morning Folks

Colin Noble’s funeral is today at 1.30. Attendance is possible virtually so if anyone else would like to attend, please message me and I’ll give you the login details.

The donations for the flower arrangement on behalf of the ‘comic community’ have been amazing and a wonderful display arranged by Simon Ward are with the Funeral Directors. The excess money will be given to Colin’s wife but it’s not too late for any last minute donations please! PayPal f&f to Andy Yates at bigglesandcotoys@gmail.com as every penny will help.

Finally, Simon Belmont has organised a ‘wake’ of sorts so If you'd like a chat to celebrate Colin’s life and his dedication to his chosen hobby, a Zoom call has been set up for 3pm this Saturday (10th), details are at https://fb.me/e/3Yw3Eu8Cw
Attachments
8C617F47-94EA-49E0-B16B-1E1ED6D2205B.jpeg

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

I watched the service. Thought it went fairly well, though only Colin would have picked the Ying Tong Song as the opening music to his own funeral. A joker to the last.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i've just seen this here as mainly on fb groups theses day R.I.P to Colin , terrible news , i knew of him through here when he was kind enough to answer many of my queries years ago either on here or messages, how old was he? as ive a feeling most of us here are of a certain age group and its our efforts in this forum and fb groups keeping the spirit of uk comics alive,though i'm selling of my uk collection slowly . im collecting omnibus US hardcovers these days.which is why i'm not on here much theses days,as i've had a few health issues recently with another op to come when if i can lose weight.

old paw broon

Post by old paw broon »

I was thinking about Colin this week and remembered when some of us met for a wee comic mart in The Howgate in Falkirk - this would have been a few years ago now. At the time there was a comic shop in the mall and I pointed it out to Colin. It was as if somebody had pressed a great big red start button. He was off. As the other 3 of us struggled to keep up, when we got there, Colin had found out that the owner had boxes of British comics under the browsers and was on hands and knees, digging through them. I sort of knew the owner and he looked at me and we both smiled. Colin's enthusiasm was catching, and the rest of us started rummaging. Colin got into conversation with the owner, from the floor, and was firing out bits of info about the comics as he pulled out stuff and started a pile next to him. It was a joy to watch. I thought I could get excited about boxes of old comics, but this put me in the shade. We did finally get him away for a cup of tea and a bun, but he was fired up and we were all enthralled with his patter and genuinely enjoying his company.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

old paw broon wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 10:55
I was thinking about Colin this week and remembered when some of us met for a wee comic mart in The Howgate in Falkirk - this would have been a few years ago now. At the time there was a comic shop in the mall and I pointed it out to Colin. It was as if somebody had pressed a great big red start button. He was off. As the other 3 of us struggled to keep up, when we got there, Colin had found out that the owner had boxes of British comics under the browsers and was on hands and knees, digging through them. I sort of knew the owner and he looked at me and we both smiled. Colin's enthusiasm was catching, and the rest of us started rummaging. Colin got into conversation with the owner, from the floor, and was firing out bits of info about the comics as he pulled out stuff and started a pile next to him. It was a joy to watch. I thought I could get excited about boxes of old comics, but this put me in the shade. We did finally get him away for a cup of tea and a bun, but he was fired up and we were all enthralled with his patter and genuinely enjoying his company.
That sounds so “Colin”! He had a genuine love for British comics and comics in general. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that my buying of comics has reduced drastically in the last month as whenever I bought a new gem in the past, I’d call Col and he’d want to know everything about it and if he’d never come across it before, his enthusiasm was boundless!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

big bad bri wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 13:08
i've just seen this here as mainly on fb groups theses day R.I.P to Colin , terrible news , i knew of him through here when he was kind enough to answer many of my queries years ago either on here or messages, how old was he? as ive a feeling most of us here are of a certain age group and its our efforts in this forum and fb groups keeping the spirit of uk comics alive,though i'm selling of my uk collection slowly . im collecting omnibus US hardcovers these days.which is why i'm not on here much theses days,as i've had a few health issues recently with another op to come when if i can lose weight.
Colin was born in 1968. He was only 52.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

The Commando team have used much of the space that QM usually spends outlining the next four issues with a tribute to Colin. Colin I think would be a little bemused to have found himself taking up the lion’s share of the blurb space, QM’s only other news being the regular plug for the art of Colin’s hero, the gaffer as he always called him (at least behind his back): Ian Kennedy.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Excuse my ignorance but what is QM? And where can we read this tribute?

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

QM is the Quartermaster in Commando comics.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Colin’s wife told me this week that she’s received a lovely note of condolence from Ian Kennedy personally. He would have been so chuffed!