How do you think Strip Magazine is faring?

Moderator: AndyB

SID

How do you think Strip Magazine is faring?

Post by SID »

Ignoring the problems with publishing/distribution, what did you think of the quality of the comic and how it is progressing? Has it lived up to what was promised?

I, for one, love it. The stories are developing nicely.

As I said before, it would be my second favourite comic if it wasn't for the problem above.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: How do you think Strip Magazine is faring?

Post by felneymike »

I think it's great, though Black Ops Extreme is still a bit confusing as to where it's going, and the backgrounds of different characters. But that may just be down to the, erm, excessive wait between parts! When issue 7 comes out I ought to have a sit down with them all and read it in one lump.

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

Good points - Hookjaw is wonderful in colour, some wonderful artwork, quality paper
good value for money

Bad points - Infrequency of issues. Also Im not sure what is their target age. One of
the strips featured mild nudity/sex scene so its not for young boys. The original promotion was that "Strip" was going to be in the vien of british comics of the past
but the feel of the comic is one of a european comic.

Terry

Post by Terry »

Issue 7 is on its way to subscribers
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... hoto_reply

SID

Post by SID »

Blimey! To have two issues within a month will be a shocker. I look forward to it (I have just gone into Facebook).

True, wilsia. I haven't read any european comics so I do not know. However, it is certainly not as adult-orientated as CliNT. I personally feel that Strip Magazine is closer to 2000AD than anything else.

It would be interesting to know what is the average age of the readership. I am approaching the half century *choke*.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:Ignoring the problems with publishing/distribution, what did you think of the quality of the comic and how it is progressing? Has it lived up to what was promised?

I, for one, love it. The stories are developing nicely.

As I said before, it would be my second favourite comic if it wasn't for the problem above.
Thanks for the comments on Black Ops Extreme, sorry you find the number of characters/their backgrounds confusing! One of the team on STRIP now posted this profile page: http://stripcomicmagazineuk.blogspot.co ... s-who.html
John Freeman
British Comics News Blog: http://www.downthetubes.net 

SID

Post by SID »

SID wrote:Blimey! To have two issues within a month will be a shocker. I look forward to it (I have just gone into Facebook).
Facebook says it should be around from tomorrow. I take it no-one have received their copy yet?

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:
SID wrote:Blimey! To have two issues within a month will be a shocker. I look forward to it (I have just gone into Facebook).
Facebook says it should be around from tomorrow. I take it no-one have received their copy yet?
Diamond listed STRIP Magazine #7 as the Xmas/Christmas special.They confirmed two weeks ago it will be in stores on Wednesday if the stores ordered it.

The details are:

SEP127823 - STRIP MAGAZINE CHRISTMAS 2012 SPECIAL

The title was solicited by email by Diamond, and after a chat with my local comic shop it seems this may have passed some shops by.

However, I've seen the title listed on the Forbidden Planet web site, so they seem to be expecting copies.

Subscription copies of #7 (including a replacement copies of Issue 5/6) were mailed from Bosnia to all subscribers - UK and overseas - on 20th/21st November.
John Freeman

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Not to me they weren't :x

I Emailed Ivo 6 weeks ago but am still waiting. Hey-ho!

Al

vexillia

Post by vexillia »

Terry wrote:Issue 7 is on its way to subscribers
Still waiting. Sigh!
Martin Stephenson
The Waving Flag :: Twitter :: eBay

SID

Post by SID »

Of course. :)

I am sure that there is a wormhole or other time event which affects all the deliveries.

johnfreeman96

Post by johnfreeman96 »

SID wrote:Of course. :)

I am sure that there is a wormhole or other time event which affects all the deliveries.
Over on STRIP's Facebook page, two subscribers say they have received Issue 7 today (Christmas Eve). These are the subscriber copies sent from Bosnia that include a replacement Issue 5/6 with the package.
John Freeman

SID

Post by SID »

Thank you, Mr Freeman. I got the Issue 5/6 & 7 pack just as I was leaving to go up north for the Christmas/New Year holidays.

So a very nice bonus Christmas present. :D

SID

Post by SID »

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas.

I read Number 7 on Christmas Day and it was another brilliant issue. All the strips were really good including the Dredger reprint and the Dan Dare parody.

And the fact that it is free to subscribers like myself is another little Christmas bonus.

Thanks, John. I look forward to seeing the new look Strip next year. :cheers: