Buster Special 2009

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

nottinghamian

Re: Buster Special 2009

Post by nottinghamian »

Still no Buster at Nottingham or Arnold stores, but the Misty's are gone now.

The comics at the Arnold branch are split over three sections, one is 5 feet high, and I can't see how children can get at these. Even if they could, the comics are a complete jumble.

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

First sighting in the South East is at Waterloo Railway Station in the big Smiths on the concourse.

A rather large batch now in stock with the kids comics and surprisingly enjoying a fair bit of clear space around them.
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

mrbananas

Post by mrbananas »

Just got a copy in Brighton...had about 6 copies left

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I might wait until the Christmas shop rush has calmed down now before checking Guildford...though it is tempting to have another go..

the sensible me will wait until after Christmas...me sensible :roll:

Black Max

Post by Black Max »

Loads of copies today in the Ashford branch. Was never a fan, but bought it as there wasn't anything else in there i fancied.
And am blown away by the Baxendale/Reid overdose - what a great buy :D :lol: :)

django

Post by django »

No sign of this in my local store today, to make matters worse I emailed their customer services department the other day and got the following reply this afternoon.
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we dont hold this title in our stores.

If I can help you further, please contact me.
...and they call themselves customer services!.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

django wrote:No sign of this in my local store today, to make matters worse I emailed their customer services department the other day and got the following reply this afternoon.
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we dont hold this title in our stores.

If I can help you further, please contact me.
...and they call themselves customer services!.
Which title did you ask for? Classic Comics is the actual title listed in their system (or should be) not Buster.

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

django

Post by django »

My email to them was worded as follows
Would you be able to tell me if "Egmont Classic Comics Buster" is available?, I understand it is exclusive to WH Smiths and was released on the 9th on December, I have checked the comics section of every one of your stores I've been to since then but I've yet to find it, if it's an item that only certain stores are holding would it be possible for my local store (Rickmansworth) to get one in for me?.
If it's listed as just "Classic Comics" on their system I suppose the word Egmont might have complicated things but I'd still say their investigation into my enquiry was rudimentary at best.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

django wrote:My email to them was worded as follows
Would you be able to tell me if "Egmont Classic Comics Buster" is available?, I understand it is exclusive to WH Smiths and was released on the 9th on December, I have checked the comics section of every one of your stores I've been to since then but I've yet to find it, if it's an item that only certain stores are holding would it be possible for my local store (Rickmansworth) to get one in for me?.
If it's listed as just "Classic Comics" on their system I suppose the word Egmont might have complicated things but I'd still say their investigation into my enquiry was rudimentary at best.
Yes, sounds like they just looked for "Buster" so it wouldn't be there. We know for a fact that the comic IS in their system as some stores have it. I've never had any satisfactory dealings with Smiths staff, and only ever found them to be either arrogant or dim, particularly in regards to comics.

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Robbie Moubert

Post by Robbie Moubert »

Having arrived in sunny Llandudno for Christmas, I found a single copy in Smiths. I've only skimmed it so far but can't believe they couldn't find a better example for the Leopard from Lime St. In the one they've chosen he only appears in costume in the last panel.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I battled through the Christmas shoppers and amazingly found a parking space.though no Buster special in Guildford WHSmiths..... :headbash: :wave:

oh well got the new Classics from the comics..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

What issue number? The next issue of CFTC (165) isn't due out until next Thursday, New Year's Eve, so if you've got the new one, it's a week early.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Its the New Year one.. 8)

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Well I was in the Glasgow main store in Argyle Street yesterday (Sunday 27th Dec) and still no sign of the Buster , it also wasn't in either of the 2 main Rail station stores or in the Suachiehall Street branch (although by time I walked up there I was freezing and ran into a mate so was more intent on going for a pint) but had a good look in all (also not in Hamilton, East end GLasgow or East Kilbride stores & they're all pretty large stores) so that's a total of 7 W H Smiths in a loarge population catchment area, and no sign of the Buster - typical the only one I wanted lol Id be pretty miffed if my books weren't put in major town/city stores. To be honest it would be nice to see it but not too bothered now maybe after the new year rush it will be out all the stores - picked up Cricky and the new Alter Ego instead (the new Classics issue looked good so need to look at that again)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

bustercomic wrote:SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

First sighting in the South East is at Waterloo Railway Station in the big Smiths on the concourse.

A rather large batch now in stock with the kids comics and surprisingly enjoying a fair bit of clear space around them.
Thanks for the tip just picked it up it's amazing.

Peter Gray wrote:I battled through the Christmas shoppers and amazingly found a parking space.though no Buster special in Guildford WHSmiths..... :headbash: :wave:

oh well got the new Classics from the comics..
Peter Guildford has a big bubble force field around it which is stopping Buster getting through you need to fight your way out to get a copy of Buster it's your only chance, you are missing a fantastic Buster. :D