IRON MAN 200

Discuss comics from around the world.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

IRON MAN 200

Post by stevezodiac »

I was putting some Iron Man comics on ebay last week and noticed that the pages in issue 200 are all over the place. I did a google search and checked my price guide (as well as an online one) and no mention is made of this printing error and not in subsequent issues is it referred to. For the record the comic is a double sized issue and the page count goes thus:
Cover then: pages 29-41, 13-28, 1-12. Does anyone else have such a copy?

On a different subject I also put a few issues of Swamp Thing on ebay and thought the bright colours didn't suit the comic at all - more suited to a Charlton funny animal comic. I wondered what they would look like in a Showcase volume in black and white and then it occurred to me I could scan them in monochrome and see for myself-

This isn't the best example as the colours aren't that bad but I personally would like to see a showcase version.

davidandrewsimpson

Re: IRON MAN 200

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

If memory serves me correctly, Titan put out black and white Swamp Thing collections many years ago, long before DC had adopted the British practice of colecting comic books into proper books (I'm thinking of comic albums from my childhood, of course)

stevezodiac

Re: IRON MAN 200

Post by stevezodiac »

Some of the 70s horror titles are now available in Showcase collections and I'm looking forward to seeing some Alfredo Alcala in B&W. I also liked Ruben Yandoc and Nestor Redondo from that period.