Mad finishes publication.

Discuss comics from around the world.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Mad finishes publication.

Post by stevezodiac »

Just seen on news feed that the regular monthly magazine is to finish with just reprint specials from now on.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Mad finishes publication.

Post by colcool007 »

It was quite sad to read that. Mad was not my thing but I dipped in and out and they could do some really great stuff, but a 67 year run is never a bad thing.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I always hoped Punch would make a comeback but I've given up on that. I think that ran for around 150 years.

SID

Post by SID »

I am a MAD subscriber and have been for the last couple of years.

I read that they were going over to all-reprints from the issue after next (though this has not effected their sub costs). The only exception I believe is that the end of the year issue will still have fresh content.

It is sad though as they only recently revamped the mag (and made it more strip orientated) which I liked. Obviously that failed to produce more revenue (or is it because DC Comics' new owners are just not interested?)

Anyway, I have just re-subscribed and am looking forward to seeing if the archived stuff is as good as I remembered as a child.

If I don't like it, I will then cancel my subscription next year.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).