Where was Oddsy published

Discuss any comic strip that has appeared in a newspaper over the years. Andy Capp, Rupert, Hagar, Fudge etc

Moderator: AndyB

dance621

Where was Oddsy published

Post by dance621 »

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have obtained a large collection of original artwork by Hugh Morren. Part of the collection contains the artwork for newspaper comic strips probably from the 1980s. One of the strips I have a lot of examples of (about 600) is about a guy who spends most of his time at betting shops. His name is Oddsy although I think in one of the strips he was referred to as Mr Oddsbody. The Strip does not have an official title written at the top and a google search didnt bring up much. I did notice The Sun newspaper was referenced in the strip a couple of times. I will try an attach a couple of examples. Most have no info of the reverse. Certainly no publication info.

Would anyone know the correct name of the strip and maybe the artist name that Hugh Morren used for the strip if it was an alias.

There are a few other strips. One is called Nine-Ten-Out about a boxer. Again I cant find any info online.

Any info would be a huge help.

James
Attachments
CT0010F-1400.jpg
CT0006F-1400.jpg

dance621

Re: Where was Oddsy published

Post by dance621 »

I forgot to mention that some other strips I have by Hugh are of the character called WACK. I think these were published in the Sun.

old paw broon

Re: Where was Oddsy published

Post by old paw broon »

That's a new one to me. I quite like the style but I admit I don't read the red tops, so I would gave missed it. I would like to know and see more. With any luck someonevwll come up with the goods :xfingers: