The REAL Galaxy's Greatest comic

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

The first 10 or so issues I thought were the best example of sci-fi in this country. And it outsold 2000AD when they merged. But it was more expensive to produce so the 2000AD name won out.

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

BH

Post by BH »

It was originally meant to be on high quality glossy paper, but the budget was cut at the last moment. Pity.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

If this comic were re-released,albeit with new strips and characters,I'd be the first to buy it.It could go monthly and even rival Heavy Metal. :wink:

BH

Post by BH »

Don't forget that Strontium Dog started in Starlord, so we could reclaim him from 2000 A.D.
:D

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

I couldn't agree more.Strontium Dog got a bit silly in 2000ad.And the storyline about his family in london was bad and amateurish..an appalling piece of writing.This character is infinitely better than Judge Dred...why not kill off Judge Dredd,Tharg!The storyline,in this dream comic could continue in ,gasp,issue 23.Hatch,Match and Dispatch that,Fleetway :twisted: