Angry Planet

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

chrissmillie

Angry Planet

Post by chrissmillie »

Pretty under-rated comic in my opinion. Best of all was Angry Planet - the strip where Earthmen had settled on Mars for so long that the Martians (i.e. their children) couldn't return to Earth as their bodies couldn't cope with the gravity (remember the frozen bath scene?). That combined with anti-big business as the Earthers try to withhold water supplies for stinging taxes.

You would have thought it was Pat Mills writing it but pretty sure it wasn't.

Amazing that they chose to make Blackhawk a sci-fi strip when 2000AD merged, rather than carry this on.

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

Shaqui

Re: Angry Planet

Post by Shaqui »

chrissmillie wrote:You would have thought it was Pat Mills writing it but pretty sure it wasn't.
Wasn't it Alan Hebden? He seemed to like 'colony in space' style stories, like 'Death Planet' which he did for 2000AD.

8)

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Angry Planet

Post by colcool007 »

2000AD wrote:The Angry Planet 22 episodes (Tornado 1 to 22) 90 pages
Script: Alan Hebden (1-12, 14, 16-22), Geoffrey Miller (13), Unknown (15), Artist: Massimo Belardinelli
Thrill Power: 8.67 (6 votes)
Page count includes 1 page of prologue
Reprinted
Fleetway Quality: Dare the Impossible 13 (1-2), Colour: Unknown
Fleetway Quality: Dare the Impossible 14 (3-5), Colour: Unknown
Shaqui, you are right again! :) The text above is a direct cut and paste from 2000AD online. This website has been a brilliant resource for finding out some of the background history on Starlord, Tornado and 2000AD. Now if only DCT would do the same for their old comics! :lol:

I always loved this story because of Belardinelli's glorious art. To this day, it still stays with me as one of the greatest excuses for continuing to buy comics. Still only got 3 issues of Tornado, but will eventually get round to buying the other 19! Perhaps Chris can tempt me at Bristol with his usual extensive range! :P
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

chrissmillie

Angry Planet

Post by chrissmillie »

What it needs is some enterprising individual to publish these as a graphic novel :shock:
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics