Stingray and Thunderbird Specials

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Stingray and Thunderbird Specials

Post by stevezodiac »

Anyone remember these? Published by Polystyle (the TV Comic publishers) in 1983 and 1984. There were some Frank Langford and Frank Bellamy reprints in them but also what looked like some new stuff too. They were 48 pages mostly black and white but with some nice full colour pin-ups. The last one is all Bellamy reprints and for some reason I have three copies of it.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Stingray and Thunderbird Specials

Post by felneymike »

I very vaguely remember having the last one, i think.

Being 0 in 1984 means i must have got a later reprint, or else just found an old copy stuffed on the back of some shelves. I also remember a Thunderbirds comic coming out in the early 90's as they were repeating the TV show, almost certianly 90% reprint. The memories are pretty vague, mind.

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen »

There were three Thunderbirds specials produced by Polystyle. The first one had a cover featuring T1 and T2. Wish I'd bought the Stingray one!

standby4action

Post by standby4action »

According to that wonderful website :oops: http://www.frankbellamy.co.uk/comics.htm the latter was:
Thunderbirds Holiday Special [1984] [65p price]which reprinted TV21 Thunderbirds strips in #66 - 72, #73-82, #99 - 104
I just can't find my copy right now but wasn't this the one in HORRIBLE black and where some idiot felt he/she had to fill in the art under the Thunderbirds 'headers' and made a total balls-up of it?