HELP!

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

HELP!

Post by steelclaw »

Does anyone have any or know anything about this comic published by IPC 1987.

Peter Gray

Re: HELP!

Post by Peter Gray »

blaing

Post by blaing »

The link doesn't work remove the %20 from the link.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

steelclaw wrote:Does anyone have any or know anything about this comic published by IPC 1987.

It wasn't an IPC comic.

It was intended to be a rival to Oink! but I remember talking to one of the writers at a con and he was quite "old school" and didn't really get it. For example, adding "TV" to the title might have seemed cool in 1965 but it was a pretty old fashioned stunt by 1987.

I can't remember how long it lasted, but "not long" is a fair summary.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

This looks a real curio..I can't even remember this comic.

DaveWhit.

Post by DaveWhit. »

All I can add is that it lasted until (at least) issue 7 (dated July 31st to Aug 13th, 1987).

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

I see the person selling it on eBay is trying to shift it for fifty quid! He's optimistic.

"absolutely outstanding condition and it is incredible that they have survived in this kind of condition until today, apart from a small amount of edge wear and minor dogeared corners they are almost mint condition"

"general wear due to age, dogeared corners and frayed edges (barely noticeable)"

So nowhere near "almost mint" then. :roll:

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Lew Stringer wrote:

It wasn't an IPC comic.
The first line on his listing says it was a IPC comic, I will email him to see what it is.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

steelclaw wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:

It wasn't an IPC comic.
The first line on his listing says it was a IPC comic, I will email him to see what it is.
If you look at the pages Peter has on his blog (the link is in Peter's post above) you'll see the company name was also TV Help, and they were based in Worthing. Nothing to do with IPC whatsoever. Sounds like the seller hasn't looked very closely at the item he's trying to sell.

Raven

Post by Raven »

Lew Stringer wrote:I see the person selling it on eBay is trying to shift it for fifty quid! He's optimistic.

I won a mint copy of this from Ebay a few months back for about 99p. I say won but I was the only person who bid.

Fifty quid, eh.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

any fool can see this item is worth no more than £49.95 .

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Lew Stringer wrote:
steelclaw wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:

It wasn't an IPC comic.
If you look at the pages Peter has on his blog (the link is in Peter's post above) you'll see the company name was also TV Help, and they were based in Worthing. Nothing to do with IPC whatsoever. Sounds like the seller hasn't looked very closely at the item he's trying to sell.

Arh right yes seen it I was in a rush this morning so didn't have a chance to look at the link.

Raven I'm sure it wasn't priced at that when I first saw it last night, I bet the person came on here and read this post. :)

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Pretty sure I have the first issue among my obscure first issues collection. I wouldn't dream of asking £50 for it. £2.00 more like.

Speaking of ebay is anyone bemused and irritated by this "second chance offer" business? Every time I sell some comics or annuals on ebay I get the message "six of your items are eligible for second chance offer". What are they talking about? I only have one copy and I've just sold it. And how do they decide which of my items are eligible? I e-mailed them once about this but cannot remember their answer.