Eagle Award

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Garen

Eagle Award

Post by Garen »

Helo Paul,

I've just heard that Solar Wind has been nominated for an Eagle Award. First of all - congratulations, definitely deserved! Secondly - do you know how I can vote for you? Or is not open to the masses?

Best -
Garen.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Eagle Award

Post by colcool007 »

Garen,
it is open to the masses for a vote. Disappointed that Rainbow Orchid didn't get a mention in the online comics, as the art is truly beautiful. But, I have found another two online comics to read! :lol: I also add my congrats to you Paul, as it is great to see your hard work critically rewarded with at least a nomination. Fingers crossed, you get a nice shiny thing to take home on Sun 14 May. :D

Link attached below. All you need is your name and your email.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/eagles/

Voting closes on 1 May 06! :P
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Garen

Eagle Award

Post by Garen »

Thanks, I'm off to vote then!

(No, Rainbow Orchid shouldn't be up for any awards, certainly not until it's actually out! But thanks!)

Solar Wind definitely deserves kudos. Paul works really hard on it, and it is a genuinely entertaining read. My only problem is what to vote for in other categories as I don't recognise much.

Thanks again for the link 007.

Edit:
Well, I just voted, and got this message..

"Thanks for submitting your vote for the 2004 Eagle Awards!"

So, Paul, think back 2 years, did you win?

paulvonscott

Eagle Award

Post by paulvonscott »

Cheers guys!

I went to vote on them when i first saw a link for the awards, I just didn't know I'd been nominated, so it was quite a surprise!

Part of me is thrilled, part of me is a bit embarressed. I wasn't sure what people would think of me being nominated for another award (albeit a different one) and wondered if there was a chance I might get lynched :p

Just getting nominated for an eagle award seems weird and wonderful, these are the awards that would appear on the cover of 2000AD back in yesteryore.

If I win I'll try and do something special to celebrate it, if not, then well done to the other chaps.

If anyone wants to see what all the fuss is about, visit the solar wind website.

Cheers again!

Paul

http://www.solarwindcomic.co.uk/

Burt-1

Re: Eagle Award

Post by Burt-1 »

paulvonscott wrote:Cheers guys!

Just getting nominated for an eagle award seems weird and wonderful, these are the awards that would appear on the cover of 2000AD back in yesteryore.

http://www.solarwindcomic.co.uk/
Ah, 'yesteryore' seems a long time ago but it's good to see that the reputation for the Eagles is still intact - it's something we worked hard to ensure.

Good luck in the Eagles - just getting nominated means you're joining a very illustrious band of comics creators!

Richard Burton (friend of Tharg)

paulvonscott

Eagle Award

Post by paulvonscott »

Thanks Richard, it is an honour to be nominated and whoever wins (good luck to all) I'm happy with that in itself.

Well, I'd go on (I normally do) but I have a heck of a lot to do before bristol!

Cheers

Paul

paulvonscott

Eagle Award

Post by paulvonscott »

We didn't win, but it was great to be nominated, thanks to everyone who voted!

All the best!

Paul