EAGLE COMICS FOR CHINA

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

booksandcomics

EAGLE COMICS FOR CHINA

Post by booksandcomics »

Hello from China everyone!

I have a request to anyone who might have scans of Eagle comics. Would anyone be willing to send me scans of the centre pages of Eagle comics? The pages which had beautiful labelled illustrations of machines, objects etc.

Even though Eagle was before my time, they always amazed me at how detailed they were. I know that my students would love them, a unique and special way for them to learn English AND get accustomed to British comics.

Can anyone help? Hope all is well in the UK,

Cheers,

Adam

philcom55

Re: EAGLE COMICS FOR CHINA

Post by philcom55 »

It's good to hear from you again Adam - here's a scan of one of L. Ashwell Wood's famous cutaway drawings (though the Dan Dare Corporation seem to frown on anybody reproducing much from the original Eagle). I can't help feeling it might be a bit too dry and technical for your students, but I'm sure that copies of the whole comic would prove to be very popular indeed, as well as being excellent learning aids.
Attachments
Eagle 049 (vol 1 #49) scan by jon  08-09.jpg
Last edited by philcom55 on 24 Oct 2016, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Hi Adam, There was a book of Eagle Cutaways published a few years ago. It's quite expensive to buy new on Amazon now but there are used copies at reasonable prices:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... 443&sr=8-2

booksandcomics

Post by booksandcomics »

Thanks guys for your posts and links! Sorry it's been a while, I've been caught up with teaching so not logged into this forum in a while.

That Eagle cutaways book looks fantastic! I will have to buy a copy when I am back in the UK next month.

Have a great Christmas and New Year!