Topper feature pages

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

andycan

Topper feature pages

Post by andycan »

Hi - I am new here, so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place! The other day I browsed an antique shop and found about 100 feaure pages from 1950s Topper comics. There are pages of Trees, Ships funnels, soldiers, animals, cars, birds etc. I decided to collect the pages (or half pages) which feature birds only - I do not want the other pages I have. A little research has shown me that there could be very many more pages for me to collect, but I do not know the scale of my ambition! Has anyone got a list of the subjects of feature pages so that I can find which issues contained bird-only feature pages? I think they were included in issues from 1953 or 1954 to 1961, but I would love to know if they were in issues later than this too. BTW, I chose birds only as I collect bird trade and cigarette cards, and have also collected the bird pictures from Rover, and am still trying to find some pictures from Sunny Stories (1955) and Jungle Jinks (1920s). Hope someone can help, Andy

stevezodiac

Re: Topper feature pages

Post by stevezodiac »

I think comics UK members would be loath to sell very early copies of the Topper if they knew they were going to be cut up.

andycan

Re: Topper feature pages

Post by andycan »

Hi - as a collector of stuff I understand what you are saying. The pages I have were bought already separate to the comic - I have not cut them up. I do not have any complete comics, but would try and display the feature page of any complete comic, rather than cut them out. Regards, Andy