Glasgow ComicCon

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Glasgow ComicCon

Post by colcool007 »

How many are going this weekend? Herself and I are going. Is there any chance of meeting any of you there?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

paw broon

Re: Glasgow ComicCon

Post by paw broon »

'Fraid not Colin. I had a look at the dealer rooms and didn't see much to attract me and, as you know, it's buying comics that is the major attraction for me. Vince has a ticket and will be there so please say hello. Enjoy your hobnobbing with the great and good and I hope you have some tasty stories for us afterwards :D

JT Mirana

Post by JT Mirana »

I'm not going but a few friends are pushing their wares, so if you get the chance pop along and see them.

Garry MacLaughlin, creator of GONZO COSMIC and Harry French of FREAK-OUT SQUARES.

Gary Chudleigh, creator of PLAGUED: THE MIRANDA CHRONICLES.

The chaps behind DUNGEON FUN, Colin Bell and Neil Slorance:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I saw Gary today and I really fancy picking up both titles, but the money seemed to evaporate today...

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

If I'd've known about this sooner, and had the money, I'd definitely've gone to it. Would've been good to meet Hunt Emerson and Shaky Kane, and the guys that did Khaki Shorts are there as well. Maybe next time.
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s

NP

Post by NP »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:If I'd've known about this sooner, and had the money, I'd definitely've gone to it. Would've been good to meet Hunt Emerson and Shaky Kane, and the guys that did Khaki Shorts are there as well. Maybe next time.
You didn't miss Hunt Emerson, he had to cancel at the last minute.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

NP wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:If I'd've known about this sooner, and had the money, I'd definitely've gone to it. Would've been good to meet Hunt Emerson and Shaky Kane, and the guys that did Khaki Shorts are there as well. Maybe next time.
You didn't miss Hunt Emerson, he had to cancel at the last minute.
And NP was doing some rather nifty sketches as well. It was a shame that Nika was away at the time as her colouring on Plug could have been interesting. But what she could have done with Winston would have been fun to see too.

I will be honest and say that it was great fun for me as the time just seemed to evaporate. I got a lot of great sketches and a few more comics to read. I know that it is not to everyone's tastes and I will say that any one looking for any DCT or Fleetway comics others than those that were being given away would have been sorely disappointed.

I must admit that I spent very little time in the dealers rooms but they all seemed to be happy with how they had done, so some collectors must have filled in a few gaps in their collections.