Falkirk Comic Mini Mart

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Falkirk Comic Mini Mart

Post by colcool007 »

Hopefully, I will see a few of you there today.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

paw broon

Re: Falkirk Comic Mini Mart

Post by paw broon »

Well, it was a mini-mart but that didn't stop a few members of comicsuk getting together for coffee, buns and chat.
I met early on with starscape and my pal, Vince in Antonio's in the town, then we went to the mart where we met Colin. Mind, I think Colin was more excited about the pile of earlyish Commando comics he turned up in the wee collectibles shop in the town centre. Vince also found some nice pins/badges. There weren't a lot of comics at the show. It was mostly games and activities for kids with various characters in costumes roaming around as the event was for charity. The Wookie was enormous and got a lot of attention. Lots of children in superhero costumes. A number of the usual small press folk had tables and there were requests for sketches from the public.
A good day out and a really good laugh.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Falkirk Comic Mini Mart

Post by colcool007 »

And I have now found a first class parking space too! As Stephen has said, there was not much for us UK comic fans, but it was worth it for the chance to chew the fat with Stephen (Paw Broon) and Chris (Starscape). I may have spent my money at the collectibles shop rather than at the mart but I was more than happy with my purchases. And Adam Eterno will be happy as that now means we can do another swap to fill in another 32 gaps in each other's Commando collection!

Stephen was also impressed to get a chance to see some comics that don't exist! Eat your heart out Nietzsche, comics can do existentialism too! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!