Glasgow Comic Con

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Glasgow Comic Con

Post by paw broon »

Some of you might be interested in this as there is British talent on show. Also, with any luck, there might actually be dealers with stuff I fancy buying.
Link to details follows, and if any of you decide to turn up, it'd be nice to meet and chat. Anyway we always need someone to stop Colin bouncing up and down when he uncovers a stash of Commando :roll:
http://glasgowcomicfestival.com/

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Glasgow Comic Con

Post by colcool007 »

paw broon wrote:Some of you might be interested in this as there is British talent on show. Also, with any luck, there might actually be dealers with stuff I fancy buying.
Link to details follows, and if any of you decide to turn up, it'd be nice to meet and chat. Anyway we always need someone to stop Colin bouncing up and down when he uncovers a stash of Commando :roll:
http://glasgowcomicfestival.com/
Oi! I resemble that remark! Mind you, it was nice to find a pre-decimal at Hugh's table. I will need to see what he is going to tempt me with in two weeks' time!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

paw broon

Re: Glasgow Comic Con

Post by paw broon »

What a good day out. A real comic con and no sign of tv stars, wrestlers or movie folk. There was a wide choice of signings from well known names from British and American comics, to small press. A decent dealers room with some dealers who had offers that interested even me. The Concert Hall cafe/bar is clean and bright with a good choice of food and drink - soft, hot, cold and swally, to use the local venacular.
I met so many people, quite a few I hadn't bumped in to in years -pros in the business and old friends and acquaintances, incl. the ill but still telling it like it is to comics creators, hero of Scottish fandom, Dr. Bob. It was good to renew my acquaintance with John Wagner and Dom Regan.
As seems to be the norm nowadays for me, I spent a lot of time in the cafe chatting about comics and all related stuff.