FORUM RULES STATEMENT

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

FORUM RULES STATEMENT

Post by Al »

In the wake of recent hostile Forum activity and valuable members leaving, the three administrators have had to discuss a solution to this problem.

When the Comics UK forums were created back in 2006 (and even my homemade version back in 2001) the idea was for members to discuss comic-related topics in a mature and sensible fashion. And in all honesty, this has been the case from 2001 up until a few months ago.

There have been a few differences of opinion in the past but that is to be expected and is accepted. However, recent posts by a couple of members have riled a lot of members and that is just not on. Especially as a couple of well-respected people have openly stated that they are leaving us. There may even be some more who are finding the forums quite hostile at the moment and have to think twice about even visiting. This is NOT what these forums are about.

Although we have dished out a few warnings in the past, we have not banned any members from the site yet (apart from Spammers), but we will if we feel the need to. Be they short-term or long-term bans.

So here are the new rules.

1: No personal attacks (aka flaming)
2: Respect other people’s views and respond constructively, not insultingly.
3: Do not go out of your way to prove a point (this is not a court of law!).
4: Make use of the Report this post button (red exclamation mark button) if you feel that any of the above 3 points are being breached.

We are dismayed that we have to do this. Well, mightily hacked off is closer to it as we have all been pretty effective at self-policing and showing respect to others. Recent activity just un-does all the good work of building up a decent reputation within the Internet community.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but infuriating and upsetting people on a comics forum is just plain ridiculous and, from now, totally unacceptable.

We hope we have your support in this.

Al

Captain Storm

Re: FORUM RULES STATEMENT

Post by Captain Storm »

You have my 100% backing Al. I was leaving but on mature reflection I love comics too much to miss out on all the fun. Good to hear from you. Can't wait for the site to be up and running again,

best wishes,

The cap. :up:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, if someone gets something wrong, the response should be to politely correct them, not rudely call them names and such, or start an argument, as has happened recently.

And I agree with Cap, I look forward to the return of the main Comics UK site.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I totally agree with the other points made here.

I have gotten into some arguments on here in the past, but I certainly hope I haven't offended anyone. I have been wrong and corrected a few times in the past but for the most part other members have been okay with that, they've simply pointed out any errors I've made.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I try to look up info where I can, but sometimes either I make a mistake or my sources are wrong. In that situation I don't mind, nor complain, when I'm corrected. And I certainly never intend to start a fight. I hope other members feel the same way.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

In a nutshell: Behave as Alf Tupper would.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Do we get a tea service for exemplary posting? :D

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

I agree with almost all of the above, although I'm not sure about the tea service.
I'm sorry I don't know exactly what has been inflicted on some contributors, nor do I really wish to know, but it all sounds unacceptable. I have to admit that had I been aware of some of this foul behaviour, and action hadn't been taken to stop it, I would have had to consider whether this was place I wanted to continue to visit. Sad, because the majority of members seem to be quite civilised and I have learned so much and have enjoyed making a small contribution.