British Comic Art Forum section?

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shiner

British Comic Art Forum section?

Post by Shiner »

Hi everyone!

Having collected comics for the past 40 years, I have recently moved into the closely related pursuit of collecting original British comic art. This seems to be a growing hobby as the Internet has made it easier to buy, sell and trade art. There are blogs and the international CAF gallery but there doesn't seem to be any forum to discuss collections, outlets, framing, shows or exhibitions.

I know that I could start a thread in the general discussion area but this isn't strictly comics - or is it? Can we discuss? Thanks.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: British Comic Art Forum section?

Post by AndyB »

Well, comic art is related to comics, so I think you should go for it... perhaps under Artists and Writers, crossposting to Conventions and other events when there's an event on?

matrix

Post by matrix »

Shiner wrote:Hi everyone!

Having collected comics for the past 40 years, I have recently moved into the closely related pursuit of collecting original British comic art. This seems to be a growing hobby as the Internet has made it easier to buy, sell and trade art. There are blogs and the international CAF gallery but there doesn't seem to be any forum to discuss collections, outlets, framing, shows or exhibitions.

I know that I could start a thread in the general discussion area but this isn't strictly comics - or is it? Can we discuss? Thanks.
I too have also recently started collecting original art work, and agree somewhere to discuss this subject would be a good idea.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Thirded, although I collect less now than I was, sadly... :cry:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Fourthed! (???)

So who's going to start the ball rolling? (I know I'm seriously jealous of Shaqui's Bill Mevin commission! :))

- Phil Rushton

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Formally expanded Artists and Writers.