American Comics?

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

American Comics?

Post by philcom55 »

I know that Comics UK is, by definition, dedicated to British comics, but - bearing in mind the forum already has a separate section for 'Non-Comics Discussion' - I can't help feeling there should also be one for talking about American comics. To my mind this would be especially useful for discussing their influence from a specifically British perspective. I'd be interested to hear what other people think about this suggestion.

- Phil Rushton

Tin Can Tommy

Re: American Comics?

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

What about a section covering any comic which isn't British?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Agreed. Although this website is dedicated to UK comics, there's no reason why we can't have a general approach to the subject and discuss comics from around the world.

A new section has now been created within the Comic Titles & Groups section called World Comics

Al

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Thank you, chaps. A great idea and I look forward to reading what this collection of fans has to say re. World Comics - and storypapers, of course.

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Is it worth, in order to have the widest possible appeal, a section after Beano on US Marvel (and any UK reprints), another section on US DC and keep the section on World Comics as is. If these were more prominent in the comic titles section it may help?
Only a thought as a casual visitor may not scroll down.

Also another thought that may be worth considering is that there are more people using tablets and the larger smart phones such as the Android Galaxy S4. On the work website these people make up 40% of our traffic now (up dramatically in the last 2.5 years).

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Muffy wrote:Also another thought that may be worth considering is that there are more people using tablets and the larger smart phones such as the Android Galaxy S4. On the work website these people make up 40% of our traffic now (up dramatically in the last 2.5 years).
Each to his own, as they say. When I go off on my periodic trips to London or Cornwall I certainly don't want to be taking Comics UK with me. I can always catch up when I get back. I don't own a tablet, an iPod or an iPad, nor do I feel any great need for any, and although three of my five grandchildren have iPads they do seem to spend a lot of time watching humorous clips on YouTube. I do have eBay on my iPhone though, for obvious reasons. As for Muffy's second paragraph, I'm not sure just what point she is making. Sorry Muffy, it's been a long day!

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

There are plenty of other forums for US comics on the internet and we do have our World Comics section here. I don't want it to go beyond that level.