The Beano Top 100.

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Kashgar
Guru

Re: The Beano Top 100.

Post by Kashgar »

Sorry for the Minnie error. It just shows what happens when you decide to do things from memory. Laziness on my part, which is no excuse really but I'm sticking with it.
I'd also honestly forgotten all about John Dallas drawing Snooty which of course he did.
Oh, BTW it was Beano No 475 that Dennis missed Peter but after the above faux pas it's probably not so important now.
Well that's the Beano Top 100 done everyone. I hope you found it fun and kinda informative.

Finally, just to put the Beano Top 100 in context. In relation to the DCT comic empire as a whole Dennis, as he stands at the moment, just short of 3000 Beano appearances, would be No 5 in a general DCT comic strip Top 100 following the same criteria. No 4 would be Korky the Cat, No 3 would be Desperate Dan and in joint first place would be Oor Wullie and the Broons who, as of last Sunday, have each appeared in 3777 editions of the Sunday Post.

SH

Post by SH »

Thats Okay kashgar your forgiven, I only drew minnie for a year. ALexander Bar is the guy who owns and writes Captain Handsome, he has never drawn any strips for DCT

SH

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Apologies Steve nonetheless. A year is a helluva long time to do anything without credit or to be put in the 'etc' file. The Alexander Bar info came from some website which I naively took for fact.

SH

Post by SH »

LOL! np . great thread by the way.