Lord Snooty the Third and His Pals

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

tony ingram

Re: Lord Snooty the Third and His Pals

Post by tony ingram »

Digifiend wrote:
tony ingram wrote:No, the Snooty strip didn't run continuously; there was a very definite break, of quite some time, between the original strip ending and the second version with Big Fat Joe and the rest incorporated into it.
Actually that was barely a year, 1949-1950. Also, I never said it was continuous. I said that the continuity was loose. For example, in Dr Who, the Daleks have had their origin retconned - that's loose continuity. So is the original Red Power Ranger suddenly having his powers back when he guested in the Wild Force season's (season 10) Forever Red episode, when his powers were destroyed in season 3. In Marvel Comics however, the House of M storyline saw most mutants lose their powers. Only a select few have ever got them back - the change was permanent. That's stronger continuity, although the fact the characters don't age properly is an example of loose continuity!
'continuity' is a word I find it hard to associate with Marvel these days...

NP

Post by NP »

Digifiend wrote: What do you all think of the friends Snooty has made? I wonder if these are permanent additions? NP?
They do make more appearances, the intention is to make them regular, let's see. (I think it may take more than one appearance of a character before she can be labelled 'token'.)
The original Lord Snooty isn't dead, he's Lord of somewhere or other I can't recall and this one is Lord of somewhere else. You know, that kind of thing.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Bunkerton. By token, I meant the only one in the group. Like Toots in Bash Street.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

NP wrote:The original Lord Snooty isn't dead, he's Lord of somewhere or other I can't recall and this one is Lord of somewhere else. You know, that kind of thing.
Interesting, given that you've drawn Lord Snooty I as Snooty III's grandfather - but surely the rules of inheritance are such that Snooty III wouldn't have inherited any titles yet - only the eldest son of the earl being allowed to use a courtesy title.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

AndyB wrote:
NP wrote:The original Lord Snooty isn't dead, he's Lord of somewhere or other I can't recall and this one is Lord of somewhere else. You know, that kind of thing.
Interesting, given that you've drawn Lord Snooty I as Snooty III's grandfather - but surely the rules of inheritance are such that Snooty III wouldn't have inherited any titles yet - only the eldest son of the earl being allowed to use a courtesy title.
Unless Snooty II is dead? And does all this mean that Snooty is no longer Lord of Bunkerton?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

(I looked up Wiki - only eldest sons of eldest sons of Dukes or Marquesses get the second courtesy title. Unless of course Snooty I's absent father was a Duke, in which case you're flying)