Page 31 of 49

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 18:11
by Digifiend
Andy, where did you get 3rd from, the inside back cover clearly says Wednesday 2nd January.

I wonder why they used the old arched logo this week, the one which was replaced at the end of January?

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 20:29
by Gilly
No Bananaman or Calamity James this week, I wonder if that's because they are reprint.

Also I wonder if the Wallace and Gromit strip that is usually in BeanoMax is a one off.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 21:57
by Digifiend
It will be, yeah. They could've taken the opportunity to try out new artists on those. The W&G and Meebo and Zuky's History of Violence should've been used in the current BeanoMAX - if that has non-Christmas ones (I don't know what's in it at all, since I don't buy it every month and there's no issue preview since beano.com hasn't been updated for six weeks), they should've been saved for next month.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 23:13
by AndyB
Digi, I counted wrong!

My guess re W&G and M&Z is that changes are afoot in Beano Max and the last strips of each were moved to the Christmas Beano.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 23:43
by Digifiend
I guess we'll know for sure soon. BeanoMax's name is starting to become a misnomer. The current issue has 40 pages - therefore, recent Beano's have been bigger than the Max (this week's is 44 pages, and the last few were 36 pages plus a poster which uses the same amount of paper as another 8 pages would). Max needs a page count increase, IMHO.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 12:42
by Digifiend
AndyB wrote:Digi, I counted wrong!

My guess re W&G and M&Z is that changes are afoot in Beano Max and the last strips of each were moved to the Christmas Beano.
Yeah, Max is either changing or gone. Both features were intended for the current Max but are absent. Harry Rickard confirmed it.
http://beanoforum.freeforums.org/the-be ... -t262.html

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 15:11
by Gnasher
Digifiend wrote:
AndyB wrote:Digi, I counted wrong!

My guess re W&G and M&Z is that changes are afoot in Beano Max and the last strips of each were moved to the Christmas Beano.
Yeah, Max is either changing or gone. Both features were intended for the current Max but are absent. Harry Rickard confirmed it.
http://beanoforum.freeforums.org/the-be ... -t262.html
If by confirmed you mean wildly speculated, then yes he did.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 15:24
by Digifiend
He confirmed that they weren't in the current Max. The fact the features were originally done for Max is obvious.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 19:11
by AndyB
I have reason to believe Max isn't going, so my call is it's changing.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 19:42
by WizzKid97
Gnasher wrote:[If by confirmed you mean wildly speculated, then yes he did.
Oh sorry, because I didn't buy it now did I? I did buy it so I did confirm. How about before moaning at me and "speculating" that I am guessing - how about you actually get some proof, eh?

Plus, 'Wallace and Gromit' and 'Meebo and Zuky's History of Violence' are both BeanoMAX stories - they have never appeared in The Beano yet they appear now - it's filler to make up the extra pages and you can't deny it.

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 20:52
by Digifiend
You mean "never appeared in the weekly Beano".

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 13 Dec 2012, 20:56
by WizzKid97
Digifiend wrote:You mean "never appeared in the weekly Beano".
Good call, thanks!

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 14 Dec 2012, 00:24
by Digifiend

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 17 Dec 2012, 19:20
by Peter Gray
Heres the comment I left for Lew which will be posted soon

I think The Beano has really improved under the new Beano editor...the stories were great and zany...loved Nigel's one where Gnasher talks and Dennis enjoying his over the top presents..great to see Nigel back as the Dennis artist for the Beano...some nice panels..I like the shadow of Dennis about to snowball a policeman..

its fun spotting the Bad lads by Malcolm Judge last week we saw ball boy in Billy Whizz...lovely nod...if you're in the know...loved the Bad lads robbing a policeman!!

Baby-face was very black and funny as well...

Jamie's elf and safety puzzle was also funny..

The Beano has got a lot better..
as you say David Sutherland is still brilliant..

Lew you deserve to draw rasher as a whole page;0)

Re: This week's issue Take 2

Posted: 17 Dec 2012, 20:39
by Peter Gray
Also been enjoying the two pagers by Nigel...love seeing all the characters get together...
this should happen more in the annuals...