Christmas Cracker

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: Christmas Cracker

Post by AndyB »

DCT do keep original artwork, but I believe they're all in storage while the Courier building is closed for refurbishment - other than what has already been scanned for computer printing purposes, I believe that nearly everything they have is held in hard copy. They must still have access to the bound volumes of the relevant comics, or they couldn't have done this sort of publication at all.

judomole

Post by judomole »

Does anyone know if these specials are only available through W.H.Smiths :x
if that's the case I guess I will have to end up overpaying on e-bay again :roll:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

When are these bookazines ever not WHSmith exclusives? Judomole, don't pay over the odds. Why not ask somebody to post you a copy of them? That's what blaing did on the first page of this thread. That way, you only pay RRP plus postage costs, no markup.

judomole

Post by judomole »

Dear Digifiend
Thanks for the advice :cheers:
I was hoping after the Beano 75th Anniversary Bookazine and Dandy summer special Bookazine being available direct through Dc Thompson beano shop that they had learnt their lesson and these would be the same.
Luckily I have found them on e-bay both for £10.24 inc P&P not a bad price at all :D
see the link below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390672727097? ... 1439.l2649

judomole

Post by judomole »

Hi Everyone
just a quick update the dandy Christmas cracker is now available through DC Thompsons beano shop
No news on the beano Christmas cracker yet see link below
http://shop.beano.com/products/the-dand ... as-cracker