Beano to get CGI revamp for YouTube generation

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Beano to get CGI revamp for YouTube generation

Post by Digifiend »

Article says autumn... so it's almost time. When do we think it'll happen? September when school restarts? October half term?

NP

Post by NP »

Anyone noticed anything yet?
:)

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

my sub copy never arrived this morning but i havent opened the enceloppe/bags in months so gotta lotta reading to do

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

35 000 readers are waiting ----with baited breath.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

NP wrote:Anyone noticed anything yet?
There is something secret going on according to the back of the address sheet. Now, where did I put the actual Beano...

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

AndyB wrote:
There is something secret going on according to the back of the address sheet. Now, where did I put the actual Beano...
my address sheet is blank

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

27th August. Shows how much attention I pay to anything other than the actual comic (which I definitely read on the day it arrives!)

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Would this current Dennis the Menace storyline have anything to do with the revamp?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I see that Bananaman is two pages this week, and Brighty's signature is on both pages - which probably means it was meant to be a two-parter. Hmmm.... :|

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

You can tell that Bananaman was meant to be 2 parts as it's obvious the way the first page ended that it was meant to be a cliffhanger for the next week.

One of the first signs the revamp is imminent maybe? Steve Bright could have drawn one too many Bananaman strips and they don't want the first issue of it to have a continued strip from the previous week.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's imminent alright, I just read this week's issue and there's a competition with a prize of a Beano Experience family ticket. Closing date is 21st September, and the prize takes place on the 25th, at a secret London location. It's referred to as a Top Secret VIP launch extravaganza. So yeah, expect an announcement next weekend...

I wonder, other than Pup Parade ending, do we know about any other changes yet?

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

its fantastic that bananman is back to 2 pages and even better steve bright is back hopefully this is permanent. i hope beano announcement isnt that its going digital only or something similar.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Hasn't that been ruled out already and anything that is going to be online will be in addition to the printed comic?

I found this article that says Dennis will also be getting a new TV show as part of the revamp.

http://www.sundayworld.com/style/showbi ... ew-tv-show

Ellis

Post by Ellis »

I wouldn't be surprised if this years annual is going to incorporate the new look. Looks like the release has been timed nicely to coincide with the launch event. It is also unusual for them to say in their advertisements that the cover image may change.

I also agree that the current Dennis and Gnasher storyline is probably all to do with the revamp. (I have to say I'm loving the current storyline). the changes will be interesting to see. I just hope they don't take away what's good about the comic. I am looking forward to seeing what is happening though!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The annual should have been out for a month already, it won't show the new look at all.