Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

NP

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by NP »

Fans of Cuddles and Dimples' Mum might like to check out The Dandy issue dated 26.5.2007 (No.3416), always assuming you don't buy it every week, of course!

Peter Gray

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Peter Gray »

Leaning over the ball as she does her exercises was :P in a past story..
In her nightie this week......what is she up to this time... :) any hints....at the beach?....

Peter Gray

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Peter Gray »

nice leather outfit.......... :P

Nigel ...Cuddles and Dimples is your best work.......they work for an adult and a child at the same time!.......the different points of views....also the characters are getting more developed...there is a difference between Cuddles and Dimples.....

8)

ISPYSHHHGUY

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

CUDDLES----[or DIMPLE'S]-------mum, i can't differentiate,---i mean the blonde lovely with the pony-tail...........was the point when cartoon sex-appeal was first introduced into D.C. Thomson's comics..............when i was a kid in the '60s, we were granted no such treats, and our comic sex-gags were then limited to the common sight of 'BAMFORTH' bawdy postcards, then often viewed in multiple displays in many seaside newsagents..............who can forget: 'you're not a true gentleman, mister.'-------'and you're not a true blonde, miss.'------i tracked this gem down about a decade ago, for reasons of decency, i won't describe the scenario.........but it surely must have been one of BAMFORTH'S biggest-selling gems...........

Peter Gray

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Peter Gray »

Well I've now seen the Cuddles and Dimples special...hmmm her top slipped a bit...and liked the slamming of the door at the end...
The magazine is just rubbish...except for the cartoon maze page...it was so much better before as a comic with features throughout and less gross free gifts...oh well...

Desperate Dan just broke every taboo :lol: amazing!...though very cruel to the horse everything else was very funny...tar hot cross buns anyone..or a cow sandwich.of course I've read this before in the legend of Desperate Dan book..

Someone let me know if there is less reprints next time...But I won't buy it unless there are more comic pages...also at least bring back the Nutty back page for Bananaman if they have to use reprints much more zany and funny.

Peter Gray

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Peter Gray »

I see Lew has noted the Desperate Dan story on his blog...

Seeing the strip in colour and in a modern comic does make the story more punchy then I'd ever noticed before....a very extreem Desperate Dan...
Wonder how dark The Beano's new strip by L.H will go...
though Horrible Histories get away with a lot as well.....

black humour isn't dead!!!!

Lew Stringer

Re: Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Lew Stringer »

Peter Gray wrote:
Desperate Dan just broke every taboo :lol: amazing!...though very cruel to the horse everything else was very funny...tar hot cross buns anyone..or a cow sandwich.of course I've read this before in the legend of Desperate Dan book..
Thanks for the heads up Peter. I've just dug out my copy of that book (published in 1997) and noticed that every Dan reprint from Dandy Xtreme so far has previously appeared in that volume. A bit disappointing as I didn't think I already had those strips. Ah well. :roll:

Lew

Kashgar
Guru

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by Kashgar »

It's a tad disappointing that's the case as it seems to indicate that little effort is being put into the Desperate Dan reprint feature. OK that book is a decade old and presumably most Xtreme readers won't have seen it but still, there are hundreds of vintage strips that weren't in the book that could be featured without engendering even a whiff of deja vu!

MikeC

Cuddles and Dimples' Mum

Post by MikeC »

Maybe the other strips need lots of restoration, but the ones from the book would already have been worked on? You never know what state the originals might be in.

Sidnny

Post by Sidnny »

Back to Cuddles and Dimples' Mum (are they brothers now?), I for one think she is far sexier than Lara Croft (actually Lara didn't do anything for me). Obviously Dad has something going for him (apart from a bulging belly, bald head and a face you would want to put a paperbag over). ;)
Reading comics since 1969. My comics are: The Dandy Xtreme (since 1969), 2000AD (since 1977), Judge Dredd Megazine (since 1990) and Spaceship Away (since 2003).

NP

Post by NP »

Sidnny wrote:Back to Cuddles and Dimples' Mum (are they brothers now?), I for one think she is far sexier than Lara Croft (actually Lara didn't do anything for me). Obviously Dad has something going for him (apart from a bulging belly, bald head and a face you would want to put a paperbag over). ;)
They've been brothers since Hoot was merged into Dandy. About 1986?
But I know what you mean about Mum. :)
Though I have no idea what you mean about Dad. :wink:

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

Actually, they haven't always been brothers- even after the merge. I have Dandys from the late eighties when there were certainly two sets of parents, but then mysteriously Cuddles' parent vanished, only leaving Dimples'. I'm not sure at what stage they ended up being brothers officially, but, yeah, they're definitely brothers now! Perhaps secretly Cuddles is an adopted brother after something tragic happened to his parents...

Or maybe I'm just looking into these things a bit too much... :)

Ross

Sidnny

Post by Sidnny »

Or perhaps DCT couldn't afford two sets of parents and had to lay one of them off. Of course, keeping the sexiest of the two mothers. :wink:

Casting back, which Dad thought he was Elvis (including hair and sideburns)?
Reading comics since 1969. My comics are: The Dandy Xtreme (since 1969), 2000AD (since 1977), Judge Dredd Megazine (since 1990) and Spaceship Away (since 2003).

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

Ah yes, the Elvis dad- that was Cuddles Dad. I can't even recall what Cuddles Mum looked like though, although I'm sure I could dig out an old Dandy and find out!

Ross

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

She had curly blonde hair.
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006