A way to stop the bad sales

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

yanobandy

A way to stop the bad sales

Post by yanobandy »

I dont want the dandy to end.
Last edited by yanobandy on 01 Oct 2011, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

yanobandy

Re: A way to stop the bad sales

Post by yanobandy »

So change the cover back to what it was before the summer and change the logo. Get harry hill back on it. With other characters.
Last edited by yanobandy on 02 Oct 2011, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Old Freddy

Post by Old Freddy »

I think changing the cover back to how it was earlier in the year would be a good thing; not sure about the other ideas...
Last update to http://comiccentral.jimdo.com: 7/4/2011

Sammy Shrink, Korky, Dennis and the Dandy all updated
Beryl the Peril Page Added
Navigation altered

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Another idea: bring back Jak and Todd! But drawn by Andy Fanton, and making todd more of a nerdy inventor. And have a website, ToddTube, showing how todd thought of these ideas, and how the family reacted.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I certainly wouldn't drop George vs Dragon from the Dandy. For a start, it's funny, and also the number of times they appear on the Dandy's reader pages, as well as the fact that they returned after their first run, suggest that they are very popular with the readers.

However, I do think changing the cover back to the older style would be good. But, please, no, don't bring back Jak and Todd - the Dandy is better without that pair of dweebs...
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

And why are they dweebs?

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Dweebs how childish.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

yanobandy wrote:And change the cover back to what it was before the summer and change the logo. Get harry hill back on it. With other characters.
Have you not seen this week's issue? Who's that on the cover? Oh yeah, it's Harry Hill!

:!: Unfortunately, there's rumours that TV Burp will end early next year when his ITV contract expires. That's a potential problem for Harry's Dandy strip, which is largely based on TV Burp (Knitted Character is from there, and of course there's the whole television based theme).

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Actually i heard he's resigning :shock:

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Also, it doesnt have to be George vs Dragon, it would have been Tiny's Temper.

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

:headbash:

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

:offtopic1: I was most of the time at the shops thinking about bringing Jak and Todd back in a new style, then i post it here, and it gets criticized. No offence, like. I forgot about it.
Last edited by yanobandy on 30 Sep 2011, 21:10, edited 3 times in total.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Some of us weren't fans of Jak in any of his three incarnations ;) Wayne's current work is much funnier.

Just a note as a moderator - please don't triple post if you can help it. Go back and use the edit button if you can.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I'm sorry if I upset you because I didn't like your Jak and Todd idea. Quite simply I'm not a fan of theirs, and I agree with Andy in saying that Wayne's talents are better used on the strips he's drawing now. It doesn't mean your idea was bad in any way, but they'd be pretty low down the list of old characters I'd like to see return.

I used the word 'dweebs' in jest - I remember Old Freddy once said he didn't like people who used the word dweeb, but that the very people who used it (including Jak and Todd) fitted the description. It isn't one of my favourite words either!

Just one point about your posts, I feel it would be better if you included all your thoughts in one post, even if the points don't seem related to you. It makes threads less cluttered and bit easier to follow. I don't want to criticise you excessively, most of your posts so far have been fine and I hope you enjoy coming on Comics UK.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

yanobandy

Post by yanobandy »

Sorry, but they were first to come to mind maybe cos they were in the comic recently.