Mr Meecher's next week features!

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

WizzKid97

Mr Meecher's next week features!

Post by WizzKid97 »

Next week's Mr Meecher comic strip is going to be very special to me. Why? I hear you ask. Because it'll be my first ever piece of artwork in the Dandy! So how did this happen? I'll give your the backstory...

Back in January or February I e-mailed Mr Meecher and Rocky's Horror Show's talented artist Will Dawbarn about my artwork, afetr an incredibly long conversation we finally became friends on Facebook and spoke to each other quite a lot. Anyway, one day from out of the blue, Will asked me:
"i was just looking for that picture of mr meecher you did -- i'm sure you did one, right? i'm going to use it in an actual mr meecher strip, with your permission (it'll only be tiny, but, hey, it's something, yeah?)
if you can find it for me, that'd be great, fella."
Anyway after going to into mass excitement I finally sent over the picture of Mr M. I received a sneak peek picture of it, I'm not going to show it on here but I'll just let you know, look out for Terry's picture, the sneak peek looks FAB! The other Mr M's that feature are drawn by Will's little children. :)

Will is a brilliant guy and if he ever reads this I'd just like to say...
Thank you Will for doing this, I cannot believe this is happening! Thanks blud! Fo'shizzle homedawg. ;)
Please check out the following links!
http://wizzkid97.wordpress.com/ - My blog
http://wizzkid97.deviantart.com/ My DA Page

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Mr Meecher's next week features!

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Congratulations in pulling off this impressive coup, Whizzkid!

You will be able to say, in all honesty, that your cartoon work has appeared in the DANDY.

Digifiend

Re: Mr Meecher's next week features!

Post by Digifiend »

So can anyone who contributes to the mailbox - the real coup is that the art was used in an actual strip. Well done!