What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

blaing

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by blaing »

The issue that should be on sale now in the U. K. Should be No. 3911 (expects to be corrected by our fellow forum members. ;) )

Edit: just checked the Beano website, and it is indeed No. 3911.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Phoenix wrote:
blaing wrote:Bought today my usual weekly dose of Beano (No. 3901) at the Nextra newsagent at the Northern end of the Morayfield shopping centre.
Just out of curiosity, Bruce, given that I don't collect The Beano, how close to the current issue in Britain is 3901?
:o :o you are the DCT king Guru Derek im shocked lol.i prob only still collect beano as i have a run going back to say sometime in the 70s so bought out of habbit.i thought you would have had most if not all issues of the beano.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

got another 7 Busters i needed inc the 4 remaining fortnightly's i needed to complete a run from 1979-2000 final issue plus i got 96 doubles for those 4 which worked out at £25 each.am i mad :( i got a few free gifts in among the doubles. but the plastic tat ones are a pain to store and have ripped or damaged covers where gift is still attached so gonna keep the non free gift ones in the boxes and keep the free gift issues as doubles separate unless its flat like stickers. 303 to go i think.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

koollectablz wrote:In Birmingham we wash our hands in a bison.
:lol: :lol:
That did make me laugh as I have quite a few Brummie mates

However, I got delivery of my latest swaps and two Ebay lots of pre-decimal goodness! I also got to fill in one more piece of the missing data on the Air Ace series 2 puzzle so that leaves six titles to be identified for issues 10, 18, 22, 38, 40 and 45.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

I got into a conversation on Facebook with someone whose mother has got 68 copies of Sandie comic - the very ones kept from her youth, as *her* mother (the grandmother of the woman I've been in communication with) stored the comics for all those years since then! The family in question wanted to sell them on to someone who would read and enjoy them, and I put up my hand for them. :D I have only read a few Sandies before now, so it will be great to have such a long run of them.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

That's a nice outcome Comixminx. I always feel a bit sorry whenever I buy comics from someone who's treasured them since they were girls or boys, so I make a point of promising to give them a good home where they'll continue to be appreciated.

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

Princess No.1 from 1960 - which later turned into Princess Tina a few years later.

blaing

Post by blaing »

I won my last eBay auction for the year (at least for the foreseeable future) and won another birthday week issue. In the early hours of this morning, I won Robin (the issue dated 20/2/1965)

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

whizzer and chips holiday specials 1986 and 1992 arrived.

Sween

Post by Sween »

The Walking Dead Volume 22: A new beginning. I know it's not a UK comic, but I'm really enjoying it. I am also contemplating buying Watching by Winston Rowntree right now!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Picked up nine free gift booklets from DC Thomson boy's papers at Covent Garden antique market yesterday. £19 the lot. No idea which year they are from but 30s or 40s I would think. Also got Many Ghosts of Dr Graves 10 for £3.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Could somebody tell me how to cut and paste using a tablet. I got the booklets up on tinypic but had no idea how to copy the link. On a laptop you can press shift key and c then shift key and v. No shift key on a tablet.

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Re: "...The Walking Dead Volume 22: A new beginning. I know it's not a UK comic, but I'm really enjoying it..."

Artist Charlie Adlard is British, so it's halfway there.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Could somebody tell me how to cut and paste using a tablet. I got the booklets up on tinypic but had no idea how to copy the link. On a laptop you can press shift key and c then shift key and v. No shift key on a tablet.
If by the link, you mean the URL, all you have to do is hold your finger on it and 'copy' should appear. Press that and go to wherever you want to paste it and press again. 'Paste and go' should appear. Press that and Voila!

I am not a tablet user btw! I just get asked to help my Mrs with hers loads of times so have worked out these things over the years. I also have an Iphone and they work on the same premise. There may be much easier ways that those in-the-know can advise with. Kollectablz being the man who comes to mind.

Good luck!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

These are the free booklets I picked up yesterday. My mate Steve has consulted Phoenix's book of the big five free gifts and supplied details.