Ebay deals

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

Re: Ebay deals

Post by Adam Eterno »

If any of you have Nectar cards, there's an offer on 8X Nectar points on any Ebay purchases this weekend. It is alos rumoured that the £1 max selling cost will be on as well.

I swap my Nectar points to Ebay vouchers every so often and it gives me anout £40 a year more to spend on comics!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:If any of you have Nectar cards, there's an offer on 8X Nectar points on any Ebay purchases this weekend. It is alos rumoured that the £1 max selling cost will be on as well.

I swap my Nectar points to Ebay vouchers every so often and it gives me anout £40 a year more to spend on comics!
i get nectar points but use em at sainsburys i didn't know you could spend on ebay lol.i've gone off ebay selling now as i've been hit with a bigger bill than i was expecting i thought 100 free listings a month was the norm and i always click on the offers they do as well.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

This is a bit convoluted but for the next few hours there's a glitch on the Ebay system where you can get 20% off of any purchase over £50 so if you've been looking at a comic longingly for some time and it was just a little too pricey, this is for you!

It works, I know because I've just used it...........I made the mistake of mentioning it to my better half and she reminded me of some lamp that she'd seen ages ago and I'd said it was too expensive.......we're the proud new owners of said lamp...

- Minimum purchase of $50 and max $100 discount. It's using a US code so bear with me

How to redeem your Coupon:
Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018.
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT

The Method
Go on your ebay account and go to account settings
Then on left hand menu go to addresses and change Registration address to USA (do not change delivery address)
You should get a message congratulating on your move to the US and then click submit
Then browse on the UK site and see what you want to buy, when you know and have the product page - amend the url to ebay.com (instead of .co.uk)
If done successfully you should see the price in £ and dollars
Add to basket and choose paypal
Then add code PICKDADSGIFT to see the discount

Worth the effort if you're spending big!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

For those who missed out on the 20% off deal yesterday, there's a 10% one today until 8pm

10% off code on a purchase of £20 or more for ebay UK from 10am to 8pm GMT on Friday 8th June

Just use the code PERFECTTEN at the checkout

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I forgot to mention on here that if you don't have a Quidco account, you should get one as you can automatically get 1% back on anything you spend on Ebay. It doesn't sound a lot but it adds up over the year. You also get a £10 bonus after you've done a certain amount of saving and there's loads of other cashback from other hundreds of online retailers such as M&S, most insurance companies, AA/RAC etc

All you have to do is click a button before shopping!

I've had a Quidco account for almost 10 years and I've earned just short of £2000 cashback in that time!

https://www.quidco.com/user/79811/2790823/

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Adam Eterno wrote:I forgot to mention on here that if you don't have a Quidco account, you should get one as you can automatically get 1% back on anything you spend on Ebay. It doesn't sound a lot but it adds up over the year. You also get a £10 bonus after you've done a certain amount of saving and there's loads of other cashback from other hundreds of online retailers such as M&S, most insurance companies, AA/RAC etc

All you have to do is click a button before shopping!

I've had a Quidco account for almost 10 years and I've earned just short of £2000 cashback in that time!

https://www.quidco.com/user/79811/2790823/
My wife uses the Quidco thing all the time. She gets some amazing cashbacks sometimes on non ebay things, I think it was something like pet insurance she once got about 50%. Definitely worth doing.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Just for today, if you enter the voucher code PERKS at checkout on Ebay, you get 10% off of any orders greater than £20. Worth it if you've been umming and aahing over that comic!

I've just used it and it works.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Cheers, just saved a fiver!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Cheers, just saved a fiver!
Nice one. It all adds up!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Sorry for the late notice but another 10% off deal on ebay until 8pm Friday evening. Just enter the code Payday

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Managed an £8.90 saving!

I do like these deals that they just bring out of no-where, certainly helps to concentrate the mind on what you actually want to buy! :D

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Managed an £8.90 saving!

I do like these deals that they just bring out of no-where, certainly helps to concentrate the mind on what you actually want to buy! :D
I agree. I'm saving more BiN items as 10% can sometimes make the difference. Great combination today as Quidco were offering 4% cashback on Ebay purchases which made 14% off!

SID

Post by SID »

I keep missing them. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

SID wrote:I keep missing them. :(
Sorry! I'll try to post them quicker next time although they haven't given much notice so far.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Ok, not so much Ebay but Paypal this time. I've just registered as if it works, it's a very easy £15 for me this month. The best thing about this offer is that it's over the whole month of October so don't worry SID if you don't see this for a few days! ;)

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/frequency?