Striker Returns!

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tony ingram

Striker Returns!

Post by tony ingram »

Just picked up the first issue of Pete Nash's revived Striker comic, and I thoroughy enjoyed it. Not sure how long it'll last though; I gather the crowdfunding campaign has guaranteed at least twelve weekly issues, but there's no guarantee it'll have found a viable audience by then. Here's hoping. Anyone else read it?

tonyf33

Re: Striker Returns!

Post by tonyf33 »

I haven't seen it in my local WH Smith in Scotland

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i like it but way too much pointless pages wasted on the other world teams etc and not enough story,i preferred the back up strips of vol 1 like billlys boots etc ,but im sure many enjoy reading about the other teams.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

tonyf33 wrote:I haven't seen it in my local WH Smith in Scotland
there is plenty in london plus the website has a store locater of who is stocking it which is good.

Anorak783

Post by Anorak783 »

Surprised there's not more coverage of this on the forum.

Overall, I like it but I would agree it needs more strip content and less features. It's a little slim story-wise for a £2.70 weekly spend.

It will be interesting to see how the video content of the matches pan out. The first one I saw was a little primitive but hopefully things will get better. Obviously, they're trying to turn it into a betting platform to generate an extra revenue stream.

It may sound a little sad, but the best part for me is Pete Nash's editorials - surprisingly revealing about what goes on behind the scenes.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Anorak783 wrote:Surprised there's not more coverage of this on the forum.

Overall, I like it but I would agree it needs more strip content and less features. It's a little slim story-wise for a £2.70 weekly spend.
It seems a lot of readers felt the same, so Pete Nash has acted accordingly. As of issue #6, the story content has increased.