What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

koollectablz wrote:[

Oh yea my bad, I ponied up for it in the end. Very pleasantly surprised at how readable it was. It’s simple in the way that the vigilant isn’t and so makes for a decent read.
I have to say i preferred sniper elite to vigilante and i love most of the characters like Max the computer and Blake Edmunds from my eagle reading days, and i'm not a big fan of war stories though i would love a full set of victor and Battle :lol: but i hope Vigilante becomes a regular comic.does anyone know how many was sold same for the scream/misty special,i wonder if rebellion have already made their money back for their fleetway purchase through the reprint books and new material.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

big bad bri wrote:
I have to say i preferred sniper elite to vigilante and i love most of the characters like Max the computer and Blake Edmunds from my eagle reading days, and i'm not a big fan of war stories though i would love a full set of victor and Battle :lol: but i hope Vigilante becomes a regular comic.does anyone know how many was sold same for the scream/misty special,i wonder if rebellion have already made their money back for their fleetway purchase through the reprint books and new material.
I'd be curious about their sales too. They must be doing OK if they are releasing another scream/misty special and quite a lineup of reprints. I recently bought The Dracula File and Charley's War. The Dracula File did feel it was building up to something, pity it was cut so short.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Got this at Covent Garden for £5 with all cards present :

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

striker issue 1 popped through the door today

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

big bad bri wrote:striker issue 1 popped through the door today
You would have thought it'd have been smashed into the top corner of your letter box.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Another 15 Commandos arrived today. This time they had an international flavour and have been sent from Brussels!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Got Misty Vol 3 today and 2000ad partwork issue 28

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Gem 1658, 25/11/39 with the ad for the Superman stories in Triumph.

Great pic. of Superman lifting a car, similar to Action #1.

Now got the 4 Champion comics and the one Gem with the Superman ads.

Sadly only got 2 of the Triumph comics.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Not a comic but a bookazine celebrating 150 years of The People's Friend. I like all things DC Thomson.

Apologies for low resolution images but using mobile phone. Second picture is the first issue.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Doctor Who Magazine #530, with a very well done resolution to the last ongoing twelfth Doctor comic strip...including the long awaited return of Shayde from the old Doctor Who Monthly strips.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

First Radio Fun annual (1940), but.........................still in its original glassine wrapper !!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Hawkeye wrote:First Radio Fun annual (1940), but.........................still in its original glassine wrapper !!
Is that what the plastic stuff on the old annuals are? As I have just picked up The Daily Mail Annual for Boys from 1958 with the wrapper. And it is in beautiful condition.

I have also bought a pile of Thriller Picture Libraries with Dogfight Dixon stories and other assorted goodies from Mr Ingram of this parish.

And not only but I also managed to shift some doubles! Yay!

SID

Post by SID »

Successfully won a nearly full year (1964) of Valiants from Comic Postal Auctions. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Just had two pre-decimal Commandos delivered. They are in great condition.

SID

Post by SID »

The last ever issue of Cor!!.

I found it sad how the the departing strips said goodbye. Though not completely true since most of them continued in the subsequent specials and annuals.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).