Energy Gun

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

babington

Energy Gun

Post by babington »

Does anyone know which comic this alleged free gift gun is from?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Comi ... SwC0dbo26v

Adam Eterno

Re: Energy Gun

Post by Adam Eterno »

babington wrote:Does anyone know which comic this alleged free gift gun is from?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Comi ... SwC0dbo26v
I've never seen it before and I've got most of the free gifts from boys comics in the 70s and loads from the 60s. It could be earlier and from the 50s as I see quite a few gifts from that time that I've never seen them before. Looking at it, it's a similar shape to the gun that came with Tiger #1 in 1954 so I'm even more convinced it's from that time period IF, as you say, it's from a comic at all.

babington

Post by babington »

Thanks Adam - I would also guess if it came from a comic it would have a little logo saying 'presented with the x' on it. Still, you never know!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I remember making our own versions of these as kids using a matchbox, half a clothes peg, an elastic band and a match. Very effective too. Phoenix may know the answer and we look forward to his return after his house move.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Actually his house has stayed where it is, it's him that has moved. And he's back on the forum again!

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I too saw this and I’m not convinced it’s from a comic at all, also I think if it was earlier than say early eighties then the band would have perished.

But interested if anyone knows for sure.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

and it finally sold for over £15 inc postage. I hope it was a comic free gift and if any of you have bought it, I'd be intrigued to know what it came from??