What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Raven

Post by Raven »

I'm not picking up Classics if they don't reinstate Puss 'n' Boots ...

Bought the new Crossing Midnight, American Virgin and Simpsons Treehouse of Horror today - none of them British, though.
Last edited by Raven on 27 Sep 2007, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by colcool007 »

steelclaw wrote:I picked up this book today for ?4, (Not a comic I know) published in 1978 ,it has 190 pages and the story starts from the beginning, I'm not sure if it's the whole series though.

[img:814:1024]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283 ... xx/tri.jpg[/img]
Steelclaw, even I know that you are nowhere near to the whole collection of the Trigan Empire from Look And Learn, but that is an absolute steal at ?4. I have seen some of those books go for a heck of a lot more on..you know where. :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

colcool007 wrote:
steelclaw wrote:I picked up this book today for ?4, (Not a comic I know) published in 1978 ,it has 190 pages and the story starts from the beginning, I'm not sure if it's the whole series though.

Steelclaw, even I know that you are nowhere near to the whole collection of the Trigan Empire from Look And Learn, but that is an absolute steal at ?4. I have seen some of those books go for a heck of a lot more on..you know where. :lol:
Cool, I had a feeling it might be a bit of a steel considering the the date and condition,the contents are as follows.

VICTORY FOR THE TRIGANS
ELEKTON IN DANGER
THE LEGEND OF HELLAS
TRUCE WITH HERICON
REVLOUTION IN ZABRIZ
BATTLE FOR TRIGAN CITY
THE INVASION OF BOLUS

I had better look out for a lot more. :lol:

Cap Haggis

Post by Cap Haggis »

Fantastic steal at ?4 for the Trigan Empire book -- my best ourchase to date was also a Trigan Book the HAWK BOOKS Coffee table edition on Bargain Books about 8 years ago for ?3.99 still have wit excellent production.

Most recent purchases for me (in last 4 weeks):

MARVEL: Ultimate Spiderman No 113, Penance Relentless (Paul Gulacy art lovely stuff) No1 (of 5): New X-men No 41

Dark Horse: Fear Agent;the last goodbye No 3 (of 5) - Conanand Midnight God No 5 of 5 - Speak of the Devil (Gilber Hernadez) No 1 (of 6) disapointing -Love and Rockets No18 (Hernandez Bros) fun but issue 19 is to expensive so stopping buying it now.

Image: G-MAN special one shot (cute superhero humour got it for 50p a back issuefrom 2004) - Steve Niles Strange Cases No1 (rubbish); Mice Templar No 1

DC: All Star Superman No 8 ; Jonah Hex No 23: Green Latern No 22

Marvel UK/Pannini: I picked up 2 Spiderman pockets books on a 2 for 1 (?3:99) Ultimate Spiderman UK No 72 (missed that on ein the US version)

DCT: Classics (my brief love affair with "classics" is over now after this issue I'm afraid)

EBAY - I bought 11 Archie comics from 1960s for ?7.70

I have bought far to many comics in the last month - time to cut down (I think I have missed some out as well :oops:
Cap Haggis to the rescue of all deep fried foods

Steve Flanagan

Post by Steve Flanagan »

Not all today, but British Comics in the in the last two weeks: Doctor Who Adventures, Beano Max, Dandy, 2000AD, Viz, the latest Modesty Blaise collection ("Death Trap"), this year's Broons annual and (at last!) Albion Origins. Not bad for a supposedly dead part of the market.

And secondhand, the London Editions Superman Annual 1983 and a collection of Varoomshka.

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

?4! FOUR POUNDS! For Hamlyn's Trigan Empire???

A massive bargain!

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Well I won and bought a mahoosive lot off Ebay of a Victor run from 1082 to 1657. This fills in more than a few holes in my collection! And it cost me the princely sum of ?55 including P&P. Happy am I as I was sure that I would be snipered out at the last minute, but nobody else bid!!! Fingers crossed that the Summer Specials for that period are included as well, but that would be just too good to be true.

tolworthy

Post by tolworthy »

I hate you! I hate you I hate you I hate you! I've been wanting that book for years, but it never appears on eBay for less than ?25 (including postage) and each month that's just outside my budget. I had it as a kid and it is definitely the best Trigan collection for anyone with limited money. (If money is not a problem the delux complete set is of course the only way to go).

PS I don't hate you really. I'm just so envious. I live in a remote country area (the north coast of Scotland) and never see cheap comics locally. Still, the scenery is nice and there's always eBay.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Picked up this for ?1 at the carboot sale today, it's been price clipped but still pretty good condition.

[img:234:300]http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/images/Annual ... l_1971.jpg[/img]

Arhhh never mind tolworthy, you can have it for ?24.99.

ROY ROGERS

Post by ROY ROGERS »

picked up at a bootsale today 2000ad nos 13,14, 18, handfull of 70s uk marvell and 20 asst pocket library comics ?5 the lot :lol: :lol:
THE NOLAN SISTERS ARE MINE

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Picked up this Bumper book of thrills (Great title :wink: )today for 50p,all text stories came out in 1964.

Also picked up The best of 2000ad No.2,6,7 from 1985 for 10p each, are these worth anything?

[img:314:343]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3976/bumper8rs.jpg[/img]

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

steelclaw wrote:Picked up this Bumper book of thrills (Great title :wink: )today for 50p,all text stories came out in 1964.

Also picked up The best of 2000ad No.2,6,7 from 1985 for 10p each, are these worth anything?

[img:314:343]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3976/bumper8rs.jpg[/img]
I had that book! It was a umpteenth hand-me-down but I enjoyed it immensely. The Best Of 2000AD are just that. Best for picking up cheap to fill in the holes in story arcs, but financially, I think you may have paid slightly over the odds for their market value! :lol: Seriously, they might be worth something in a few years time, but I strongly doubt it as they have never had a great resale value. I shifted mine back in the early 90's and the dealer was struggling to decide whether to keep a customer or to take dead stock. He got dead stock, I got 50p an issue!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I picked up two bundles wraped in bags I could just see the back of a Beano in one of them so for 50p each I thought I would see what else was in there.

30 Beanos from the 90's
1 Dandy & Hoot 1987
1 Topper 1986
5 Big Comic Fortnightly
The Best of Beezer No.19
The Best of Buster 1990
Whoopee Holdiay special 1991
Big Comic Holday Special 1990
2 Buntys 1988
1 Twinkle 1985
Winne the pooh special
33 Funday Times

What does anyone think of the Funday Times, I see Steve Bright has done Scribble in one of them.
Are they worth keeping?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

anything with Steve Brights work needs to be burned quickly...before you like his amazing drawing skill.......seems a strange question so I gave you a strange answer :P

The lion and the unicorn is wonderful by him in the Funday times

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Peter Gray wrote:anything with Steve Brights work needs to be burned quickly...before you like his amazing drawing skill.......seems a strange question so I gave you a strange answer :P

The lion and the unicorn is wonderful by him in the Funday times
What I sort of meant is they don't seem like real comics to me, I haven't really looked through them yet.

I'm digging a hole for myself here arn't I. :headbash:

When I said Steve Bright has done "Scribble" "Scribble" is the name of the Strip.