Rebellion Trigan Empire

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tonyf33

Rebellion Trigan Empire

Post by tonyf33 »

Retro1972

Re: Rebellion Trigan Empire

Post by Retro1972 »

Looks great. So good to see British comic classics given the respect they deserve.

Can anyone who has read it say does the story live up to the art????

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

stories live up to the art? No, not in my opinion

The artwork is completely stunning so the stories would have to be really good and, IMHO, they're not

I'll still be getting these reprints mind
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

The art is amazing so the stories would really have to be something special. I only came across the Trigan Empire a year or so ago and really enjoyed it but there are stronger storylines. I'll be buying the set too though!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I agree that the scripting gets a bit repetitive after a while, but nothing could ever compare with the opening episodes in Ranger.

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

I did wonder why it isn't perhaps better known. However I will still buy it for the breathtaking art.

SID

Post by SID »

I have been collecting the The Trigan Empire - The Collection for years (getting them as Christmas presents) and only have one more to go.

The art is breath-taking and I enjoyed the stories (even though sometimes they got wounded up a little too neatly - but that was the times I suppose).

Lovely books but bloody expensive. In fact, I am sure that all the volumes that Rebellion will produce may match the cost of the one last book. ;)

Update: Got the last one for my birthday. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).